VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I upgraded my P4 computer from XP to Win7 and found my WinFast PCI Capture card will not work under Win7.
    I then after checking with the seller, purchased a EASIER CAP USB adaptor which came with a mini CD yellow in colour marked USB DVR Model DC60-008 Version 4.0A Win8.
    The problem now is that the software on this CD will not load into my P4 computer under Win7.
    I can get a picture from my VCR to the computer via this EASIER CAP adaptor if I use the webcam software in my computer BUT the video is waving all over the screen even thought I have tried to change all the setup where it allows me to.
    I am about to put this adaptor under the wheel of my car but unfortunately I cant find a PCI capture card at a reasonable price that will run under Win7, so I am screaming for help with a Win7 EASIER CAP driver that will work without any BS. Is there such a program ????
    Thanks for ANY assistance.
    Rob-G
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You probably bought one of those countless fakes of easyc(r)ap that are out there.

You can do a 'Google' since, depending on the precise chip inside, you might fine a Win7 driver for it. Also do a search on the foru, as there are many such topics about this.

You can only get sure of later compatabilty by getting the official product which is an Ezcap 116. And also get it from an official source since I believe that has also been faked now.

As for PCI devices, most of those stopped supporting capture after XP.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Link

in ebay for around $50.00 or the later AVerMedia DVD EZMaker 7 for same money.

Easycap software works under win7 64bit ... I'll check the version I have later
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Robert-G View Post
    I upgraded my P4 computer from XP to Win7 and found my WinFast PCI Capture card will not work under Win7.
    I then after checking with the seller, purchased a EASIER CAP USB adaptor which came with a mini CD yellow in colour marked USB DVR Model DC60-008 Version 4.0A Win8.
    The problem now is that the software on this CD will not load into my P4 computer under Win7.
    I can get a picture from my VCR to the computer via this EASIER CAP adaptor if I use the webcam software in my computer BUT the video is waving all over the screen even thought I have tried to change all the setup where it allows me to.
    I am about to put this adaptor under the wheel of my car but unfortunately I cant find a PCI capture card at a reasonable price that will run under Win7, so I am screaming for help with a Win7 EASIER CAP driver that will work without any BS. Is there such a program ????
    Thanks for ANY assistance.
    Rob-G
    try right clicking on the shortcut icon and click properties - compatibility
    Quote Quote  
  5. It was bad decision to upgrade from XP to Win7 on such vintage and slow machine.
    If you searching drivers then yopu need to be precise - go to device manager and copy strings (USB/PCI) for device without drivers.
    Something like: HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_17AA20FC
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions -
    After reading the comments I came to the conclusion that the EASIER CAP is CRAP and I will not be proceeding with this device.
    So I dragged an old DELL GX110 PIII desktop with XP installed out of the junk box and installed my WinFast TV 2000 XP Expert capture card into one of the PCI slots, installed the original WinFast CD files, and after a short time had a caputured picture (video) on the computers screen.
    I was quite excited until I realised that there was no sound recorded. I then went through the procedure checking the audio setup in the computer and then going through the various audio arrangements in the WinFast program, but nothing worked.
    I even downloaded and installed the latest X codec pack but still no recorded sound. The audio works fine from the computer but not via the WinFast recorded files. This Winfast card was working perfectly on the previous XP desktop so I am sure there is no fault in the card. The recorded video is also perfect.
    I am not sure where to go from here - ANY IDEAS GENTLEMEN ?????
    Rob-G

PS - Can anyone tell me if the WinFast TV 2000 XP Expert capture card will in fact work on my other desktop (ASUS 3.10gb x2 6gb ram with Win7), without too much drama ??? Maybe I will have to try this if I cant get the sound to record on the GX110 Dell XP.
    Just as a matter of interest - I am restricted to an old age pension so I cant lash out and buy new equipment - I am stuck with what I have and pray that it can be reused for recording/transferring video .
    Last edited by Robert-G; 11th Apr 2016 at 05:31. Reason: Adding further comment
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Let's firstly assume that you have the audio cables correct from the VCR in to the capture card - white to white and red to red. Also what connector are you using ? just cables or a scart lead ?

Been a long time since I used XP but check the audio device under system to see that recording is not disabled and that the source is correct.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Usb 2861 = dc60+ (currently 5.7.1107.0 from eMPIA Technology) microsoft compatabilty signed

Capture application = Ulead video studio v10 se (cheap in ebay ... $10 or so)

"Error can not initiate device" confirm source input resolution matches recording applications settings ... tested using cctv camera succesful

Was running under windows 7 64bit, now 10 64bit

Waviness can be poor ground (usually from vcr output), application with little device support, incorrect driver version installed for device ... cam software bad for capture source from vcr's

problem now is that the software on this CD will not load into my P4 computer under Win7
    . ... you mean capture software not the device drivers ?

Attachment is both 32/64bit from mine

----

WinFast TV 2000 XP ... must be a stalker , lol , got that as well but all boxed up .... from memory I think it was better to pass audio via computers line in ... less issues
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh. Yes. I should have mentioned that.

Audio-in goes to your sound card or mb connector and not direct to capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have always connected the Audio In (RCA) and Video In (RCA) connectors on the WinFast card over to the A Out and V Out (RCA) from the rear of the VCR and its worked perfectly with XP over many many years.
    Maybe with this present "no audio record" problem I have, I should try taking the Audio Out from the VCR and over to the Audio In on the WinFast card and see what happens ?
    The video is connected from the WinFast card to the VCR and that is working fine.
    By the way, does anyone know the correct setup in the Winfast program to set the Aux, Line in, Stereo Mix, etc. Which two are correct ones ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those settings refer to whatever you have set up under your sound device for sound recording. Of course if there is, for example, no cable going in to line-in on your sound card then it can not record.
    Quote Quote  
  12. yep, for audio capture audio card is used - theoretically there is audio capture channel on all Bt478 compatible chips but in real life no one use this (vendors and as such HW/SW).

i would give a chance to previous USB capture card, go to device manager, find unknown devices (usually with yellow warning triangle) and in properties search for hw identification string (similar to one i've wrote earlier).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have just removed the Audio In RCA connector from the Winfast Card and connected it directly to the computers Line IN socket ... I then adjusted the programs settings and PRESTO I now have recorded audio !!!!!!
    Unfortunately it was not 100% successful - after recording about 45 seconds of video from the VCR the recorded video started to get very jerky which just became worse and worse.
    Now, I am sure I know the reason for this which maybe someone could verify - the computer is an old PIII with a 800mb cpu, XP and 512mb of ram so I take it the old girl just cant keep up with the video flow.
    So, I will now remove the Winfast card from the PIII and install it back in the P4 2x3.10 cpu and 6gb ram and see if I can fiddle around to get it to run under Win7 this time.
    TBC
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Robert-G View Post
    Unfortunately it was not 100% successful - after recording about 45 seconds of video from the VCR the recorded video started to get very jerky which just became worse and worse.
    Now, I am sure I know the reason for this which maybe someone could verify - the computer is an old PIII with a 800mb cpu, XP and 512mb of ram so I take it the old girl just cant keep up with the video flow.
    It may be issue with HDD - consider to record on separate HDD, be sure that it is capable to provide at least 27 - 30MB/s sustained transfer.
    If not then perhaps MJPEG compression (fixed q=2) will be OK - CPU (P3 800MHz is capable to perform real time MJPEG compression for SD video)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pandy, you suggested the jerky problem may be due to the hard drive - do you think a new 160G 7500rpm IDE drive would help ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Robert-G View Post
    Pandy, you suggested the jerky problem may be due to the hard drive - do you think a new 160G 7500rpm IDE drive would help ?
    Clean, non fragmented, no system or application files, separate HDD is in my opinion fundamental for video recording.
    You can benchmark HDD in Virtualdub if i recall correctly. HDD should be capable to provide sustained 25 or more Mbytes per second.
    Side to this remove any CPU consuming application working in background (antivirus etc), be sure that system will not start using swap file (so rather minimalistic configuration is advised), turn of all beautifiers, screen savers (kick out all crap like animation, wallpaper, kick out themes, Aero etc), remove all not important services.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont think I explained what is now happening very clearly so I will try again.

When I record video from the A/V output on the VCR to the PIII computer the video on the CRT monitor which is connected to the VCR is perfect, but on the computer screen the video and audio being recorded start off perfect but after a few seconds become jerky and the audio starts to echo.

After I have recorded this video onto the HDD of the PIII, then on playback on the PIII computer its jerky the same as it was when being recorded.

If I play this video file recorded on the PIII on the faster P4 computer it has the same jerky picture as on the PIII computer.

Now, my question is, the picture being recorded which shows up on the PIII computer screen, is that showing me what is coming from the VCR ? or is it showing me the video after it goes through the capture card ?

The video shows perfect on the VCR's CRT monitor, but on the PIII screen during record shows jerky.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just read your last comments - well the PIII has a 20gb HDD and there is no provision or room to fit a second drive inside as the case as its extremely small.
    An external hard drive I take it uses the USB port ? I think the USB's are the old 1.1. so would an external drive work ?
    If I used a USB memory stick would this work ?
    The problem is the OS (XP) and all other files plus the WinFast program are all on the one HDD pertition.
    I may have to start removing the garbage and see what happens. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  19. USB is too CPU consuming and not reliable - hook external disk to PATA/SATA port on mobo, if no room for HDD internally work with open case.

Jerky motion can be related to two things (and i assume both at same time).
    First display and source frame rate difference, second interlace (try to play video on computer with deinterlace active - in your case MPC-HC with LAV filters will be suffcient).
    Quote Quote