VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a problem with my Toshiba DVD recorder. I have recorded and watched several discs over the last couple of months that I have had this unit. Tonight I rented a movie and got an error message that flashes Incorrect disc. I tried other discs that I have recorded on this unit as well as other pre recorded discs and get the same flashing message, Incorrect disc. These are standard discs, not Blu Ray that I am trying to watch. This problem just started tonight. It has been a month or so since I last used it. It was fine then. Is there anything I can do or is the unit trashed now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nothing lasts forever. What else can a dying DVD player do when it's dying other than refuse to play a DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similar unit once - forget the model no - but that refused to do anything unless there was a VHS cassette in the unit even tho I was not going to use the VHS.

Sounds like a dying laser but I am not that technically minded. But do try the VHS 'fix' as described above. You never know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My experience with modern electronics is two fold, they should not be in a poorly ventilated situation, the heat ruins the electronics, and that if used too little or heavily they fail. I have elctronics I have used regularly and they last forever, suddenly switch it on after months of no use-boom they fail.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote