VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to convert gfp video file to MP4 . I tried all popular video convertors but all are not supporting gfp file extension . Help me please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to a quick search it may be an encrypted file and will NOT play or convert with out a password.

GFP is an audio or video file created by GreenForce-Player, a free multimedia player. It stores the multimedia data using a proprietary DRM copyright protection technique, includes password protection and may contain metadata. GFP files can be decrypted and played back in the GreenForce-Player by entering the password that was used to encrypt the data. Looking for how to open gfp files? Checkout http://www.openthefile.net/extension/gfp
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you play it with the greenforce player? Then could you screen capture it, https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/desktop-screen-capture
    Quote Quote  
  4. The files are not password protected . Also all applications of screen capture failed with it and got a black screen
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Even with Mirillis Action! ?

Then give up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    That's interesting, a media player designed to fool the screen capture applications

Anyway, yet another challenge for some Russian hackers
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 8th Apr 2016 at 10:28. Reason: old keyboard :-/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Where did you get it from?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am subscribed in a course which send me the videos in that format
    Quote Quote  
  9. Even with Mirillis action , It gives me a message ( It is not allowed to capture this video ) .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by driceman View Post
    I am subscribed in a course which send me the videos in that format
    Didn't the course give you info about proper players? Have you tried using that? Are these "proprietary", closed-loop material that they'll only allow you to see if you use their player, and pay their service fee? If so, have you checked their terms of service, as it's a very good chance that what you are trying to do is not allowed (in which case, like Netflix recording/saving, what you are doing would be considered illegal/warez).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. It is playing on windows with a gfp player but I want to convert to play on my ipad
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Think Scott is right... You have your course on your GFP player on its PC. Converting allows playing on other devices by possibly OTHER PEOPLE. This is not your intention I'm sure, but that is what GFP was designed to prevent.
    Quote Quote