VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi:
    I usually download a file and then convert with Tmpgenc Video Mastering Works 5 to get an Avi with 29.97 fps Xvid codec and mp3 audio. I have done this many times with no problems.
    Recently, I have encountered files that play well on VLC player but show up in Tmpgenc Video Mastering Works 5 with the top half containing the video and the bottom half green. When converted and played in VLC player, the top half of the frame is video and the bottom half is green.
    An example of this is BBC Dunkirk. Episodes 1 and 3 are normal. Episode 2 is as described above. The easiest way to get to these files is to go to Mvgroup.org, go to cover, go to BBC History of WW2, scroll down below the covers and click on the links.
    What is going on?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't feel like signing up.

Can you post mediainfo (view=>text) of the problematic file ? I'm guessing it's 10bit and TMPGEnc isn't decoding it correctly

If you are just encoding with xvid/mp3, you can use VLC to convert too, since it decodes it correctly the conversion should be ok. Or any ffmpeg based tool such as tencoder, ffqueue, xmedia recode etc...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    so you want others to illegally download crappy torrents? beyond the scope of this board.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Poisondeathray:
    I tried playing on Divx player and recording with Replay Video Capture. Everything worked fine and my Video Mastering Works 5 saw the file with no problem.
    I will try the conversion tools you mentioned.
    Thank you very much.
    If you were near me I would present you with a bottle of my delicious homemade wine!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Poisondeathray:
    I downloaded and tried tencoder. It takes half the time of Video Mastering Works 5!!! Thanks to you, I have a new favourite!
    The one file I was having the problem in Video Mastering Works 5 was encoded in Nandub, the others were encoded in DvdFabMod. I could find no other real difference.
    I have yet to test on my Dvd player, but since VLC plays it correctly, I anticipate no problems.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote