VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Yes, I got it by installing the latest Flash version 21. It is an intel program that does something with passwords. But the files all say McAffee something or other.

Real bummer as there seems to be no way to un-install it. It is not in the list of programs that can be deleted.

Edited post to say that I found it. It is 'Intel Security TrueKey' and I will try to delete it now.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL mcaffee changed it's name to intel security 2 years ago. sounds about right that they can't program well enough to get rid of all references to the old name. their a/v was always the pits.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still using version 10.3.183.25.
    Newer versions are (more) bloated and even slower.
    If /when a site requires "the latest and suckiest" build of the damn plugin, I simply forget it forever.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well I guess I will adhere to El Heggunte's advice but when visiting a Boeing website to view their newsletter videos, I got a warning message saying "the version of Flash that was being used to display the videos had a security issue and I should download the latest version." So whats a guy supposed to do to stay safe? I keep hearing that Flash is going away but so many of the business websites that I visit still use it.

I was able to delete that TrueKey program but it caused a restart of the computer after deleting. It must have made registry changes.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i just checked
    my plugin is version 19
    and i have it set to .. ask to activate
    i keep saying NO to updates
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    It only installs "McAfee Security Scan Plus" and/or "True Key™ by Intel Security" if you don't uncheck the boxes.
    I installed the latest version, the boxes are automatically checked, just uncheck them to install the plugin only.

And always check the "notify me of updates" box or it will download and install the next update automatically.
    Quote Quote  
  7. No check box shown.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash1.PNG
Views:	251
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	36356  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's not the screen that usually comes up. Are you perchance using the "get files for other browsers" link to get there?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Cornucopia, I was watching a video on the Boeing website when I noticed a little red icon in the URL space at the left of the HTTPS. When I moused over it, I got the message that said I was using a older version of Flash which had security issues. So I clicked on it and it gave me the screen shown. I can't reproduce that page as I have the latest version of Flash now and that red icon does not display. I was using Firefox. I suspect that was a Firefox notification but can't be sure. If interested I can give you the Boeing link that I used. You may have to use Firefox to see the red ICON.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, since my PCs are all up-to-date, that won't work for me right now. (Sorry, not going to downgrade, even temporarily).

Strange, though.
    If you: Fire up firefox and type in "get adobe flash player" and click the 1st link (usually), it should take you to the standard page that doesn't have the OS/Browser choices at the left, but DOES have the piggyback-ware clickboxes in the center, which you can uncheck. (This is because it auto-decides based on your browser idents). Same as if you had fired up IE and did the same thing (though the piggyback-ware is different).
    If you enter from a different pathway, especially if you choose the "find version for different browser/OS" links, it will give you the page you've landed on (though I was under the impression that this DID NOT covertly tag on the piggyback-ware).

I visit those sites weekly, so I'm pretty familiar with them.

Scott
    Quote Quote