VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i upscaled a video and i noticed that when there a scene that the video goes in a vertical or horizontal way it lags
    dont know how else to explain this
    in the original it just goes smoothly after encoding with x265 in megui it happends

v = LWLibavVideoSource("d:\4.mp4", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001, format="YUV420P8")
    a = LWLibavAudioSource("d:\4.mp4")
    AudioDub(a,v)
    ConvertToYV12()
    ColorMatrix(mode="Rec.601->Rec.709")
    FastLineDarkenMod()
    Spline36Resize(720,480)
    ColorYUV(cont_u=10, cont_v=10)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1280, fheight=720)
    aWarpSharp(depth=15.0)
    sharpen(0.3)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    x265 is pretty hard to decode in real time, compared to videos encoded with x264 or XviD. So when the entire video moves, I guess that is too much for your player to handle. Usually calm scenes are much simpler and easier to decode. May want to watch with MPC-HC and LAV Video filters, to help offload processing on to your GPU.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you feel the need to upscale for better viewing
    Why not use h264
    There is no compelling reason to use hevc265
    265 requires more processing power to decode and display during real time play back
    Quote Quote  
  4. And 29.97 fps is almost certainly the wrong frame rate. If 23.976 is the right frame rate you might be able to play the resulting file more smoothly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    And 29.97 fps is almost certainly the wrong frame rate. If 23.976 is the right frame rate you might be able to play the resulting file more smoothly.
    well it doesnt help even if i make it 23.976 fps and x264 it still lags behind i made a side by side video and you can see how it drags after the original
    Last edited by zanzar; 1st Apr 2016 at 04:59.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What do you mean by "lags" and "drags"? Do you mean the audio and video are out of sync?
    Quote Quote