VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought this to record video from my home DVR. I hooked it all up and it will record onto my laptop for about 7 minutes and then at some point it will stop recording and the screen will just freeze on my laptop. Any idea why. I am recording straight onto an external hard drive from my computer. Do I need more RAM?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dump the idea of using an external drive ... use direct to pc drive capture only

Any sudden input signal quality drop will cause the unit to lockup, appear frozen

Any system interruption on usb connection will cause app to do the same

Disconnect all other devices connected via usb to prevent system interruption while recording is engaged.

See if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dbondy1,please do not multi post the same question,i deleted your other posts,continue in this thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Turn off the power saving mode. I once had a situation where the computer would go into power saving mode since there was no keyboard or mouse movement and it would crash the video capture application.

The HD PVR uses USB to capture, so it would be a bad idea to capture to an external USB hard drive. It would be best to capture to the internal drive and then move the files to the external after the capture is complete.
    Quote Quote