VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone

Im beginning to field a number of enquiries for customers wanting to know if i can convert Beta tapes. At present I can't as i do not have a player, but as i begin to look into it, Im wondering how you would take a signal from the Beta machine and convert it into RCA/Composite?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Unless you are referring to BetaCam/BetaCamSP/DigiBeta/IMX, I can say with confidence that ALL Betamax/SuperBeta/EDBeta VCRs output RCA/Composite (though possibly also other formats as well, such as S-Video/Y-C or SCART). Even the pro decks mentioned at the beginning usually have a composite out, though it usually uses a BNC connector (thus needing a simple adapter plug), however those decks also have other options: S-Video/Y-C, SCART, or Component, or even SDI if digital).

IOW, no need to convert anything while analog. As composite, you can follow all the usual workflows similar to VHS.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, i was meaning the Betamax tape decks. I assumed it was just RF out and did not have RCA. Thats great news. Thanks for letting me know.

Are there any preferences for types of BetaMax players?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The best place to learn about beta decks is here
    Quote Quote