VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My editor (VSDC) crashes every time i try to import anything. Audio, video, add effects, copy-paste, every time it crashes. I also want to know if it's possible to import animated gifs into the editor via import picture tool or by any other means.
    Last edited by plasmawario; 24th Mar 2016 at 18:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok, i found out why my editor kept crashing! It seems like whenever an audio bar in the editor that doesn't actually contain an audio file, that's when it crashes. I'd imagine that a similar result to videos or anything like that. :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. I got the same problem. VSDC launched a new beta where this bug seems to disappear. Try http:\\downloads.videosoftdev.com\video_tools\video_editor_update.exe
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably because it's CRAP.

Get a better editor like Windows Live movie maker.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Probably because it's CRAP.

Get a better editor like Windows Live movie maker.
    Even a simple editor like Virtualdub can load an animated GIF. Stop using garbage s/w.....
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'd still like to figure out how to import .gifs. Whenever i try and use the "add picture" button and load in a gif that way, it loads the image, but the gif doesn't animate. any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to convert the GIF to a PNG still sequence, then import to the NLE as a regular sequence.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Consider to use ffmpeg and convert gif to some common video format like AVI or similar.
    Quote Quote