VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a new user of this program, and have discovered some puzzling features about it that I don't like.

1. The most irritating one is that when I export a file, the SW asks for a file name. But no matter what name I key in, it assigns a numerical name with something like 18 characters.

2. And then when I try to change the name to what I wanted in the first place, it won't let me, saying that the program is still using it. The only way I can make the change is to restart the computer - just cancelling the program won't do it.

3. And last, after exporting a project to create an mp4 file, the desired file is present, but there is also a non-zero .tmp file. Is it OK to delete it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might be better off trying the Pinnacle forum here:

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/242/ShowForum.aspx

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Braniac. Pinnacle's forum is well hidden. I had unsuccessfully looked for it. Thanks for the link.
    Raoul
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I am new to this forum but have been using Pinnacle products since v9 thru' Avid and now into v19 Ultimate. I have tried many other NLE's and I still find Pinnacle the better one (for me) to use. Generally, I do not find any problems with it i.e., any more than any other software (e.g., think of all the MS Windows problems - including the latest WIN 10) which I am now running. v19 to my mind and experience is by far the best yet, and their help site (Corel) has been improved. I wonder what others are trying to do, especially when I read scathing criticism of the program as to 'always crashing', 'hanging' etc., etc. I have rarely experienced any of this, and have produced many travel videos etc., over the years. I have a good anti-virus program (Kaspersky) and do regular maintenance on my PC e.g., I use CC cleaner to clear out old rubbish, I do disk clean and defrag on a regular basis, and flush the dns under CMD (Administrator) in case any email/website stuff is lurking around. I delete all spam emails immediately, and am cautious as to what sites I visit.

Anyway, I trust this is helpful to some of you - I enjoy the challenge of making videos :https://forum.videohelp.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

George
    Quote Quote