VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I followed a toturial on how to convert mts files to cineform files:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40CrABz-SM#t=29
    and the video shows the script/cineform should be
    within vegas pro 13. But it is nowherein my vegas pro 13 script department?? Is there an update to my vegas pro 13 or
    how can i get that script??

Nice forum by the way
    Quote Quote  
  2. Cineform always required a 3rd part plug-in. Basically that meant you had to install GoPro studio to get it. Have you done that? This is further complicated by GoPro Ending evelopment of studio.

As nice as Cineform was, Edius codecs or DNXHD may make more sense these days.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Cineform always required a 3rd part plug-in. Basically that meant you had to install GoPro studio to get it. Have you done that? This is further complicated by GoPro Ending evelopment of studio.

As nice as Cineform was, Edius codecs or DNXHD may make more sense these days.
    Well i have Go Pro studio installed for my Hero 3 + black but how can i implement cineform into Vegas? I'm quite
    new with video editing I'll check out your links with other options.

Thank' for quick respons
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe i should have posted in the newbi section from start but i'll
    stay here at the moment One more for you, when i import my mts files
    to Vegas i keep them as they are and start editing my film. The render time
    for all clips are a little over 3 hours for a video 80 minutes long. The entire
    video takes up 9 gigabyte in zise and that's to large for putting it on a dvd.
    i'm making the video for my father in law who shot the video on his Canon
    legria HFR16 in New Zealand. The Pixela application disc that came with the
    camera is not so good and there is not much you can edit in the program.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you have cineform installed, you access it by exporting your Vegas timeline as an avi and customize your template so you can shoose the cineform codec.

If you're trying to make a DVD that is playable on a set top box, choose one of the DVD templates under mpeg-2. You will lose a lot of quality because DVD is standard definition. If you're doing Blu Ray you have more options.

Cineform is best used as an editing codec, not a final output codec.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i don't know where to look for the cineform script? I have the Go Pro studio installed but where do i search for cineform
    and do you have any suggestion for other then rendering the project for dvd purpose with good picture quality that are smaller then 9 gb?

Sorry about all my questions but i'm a novice and totally newbie with video editing
    Quote Quote  
  7. You don't need any scripts. You just need to learn how to use export (Render As...).

Here's a decent guide:
    http://wolfcrow.com/blog/the-sony-vegas-pro-export-guide-part-one-internal-workflows/

He deals with the DVD question as well.

To use the Cineform codec, choose any Video For Windos (.avi) template and customize.
    [Attachment 36298 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi again That's so nice with a step by step tutorial thank's a million
    you are too kind I'll try it these next days and post back with the results.

Have a nice weekend/Easter
    Quote Quote