VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As a newbie, I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I have several USB webcams, all which work fine to interface/display/record on my Windows computer.

But I also have an 'endoscopic' camera, which has a 12 volt power connector and a yellow 'raw video' output. This is the camera that I need help with from this forum to display/record on my computer.

The 12 volt power is all OK, the leds light on the camera head and I can see some sort of very fuzzy image if I connect this AV output directly to my PC.

But I know that won't work! So I have purchased an Easycap video capture dongle, installed the software, plugged it into the USB on my computer and connected the camera AV output to the AV input on the Easycap.

Still no viewable picture.

I then downloaded Virtualdub and am using that to capture the raw video from the camera (using the Easycap interface box in between).

But still I cannot get anything more than an image which is just full of lines!

Here is a screen capture of the video image that I see from my camera when using VirtualDub.

[Attachment 36262 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Are sure the camera is not defective? Did try to connect it to a monitor or a TV?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What do you mean by "raw video"? Is this perhaps not standard PAL or NTSC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Lots of medical sensor/imaging equipment is NOT PAL/NTSC, but proprietary.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is the camera:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CCTV-20M-AV-Endoscope-6-LEDs-Waterproof-IP66-Inspection-Cam...item25a732392c

The supplier simply tells me (in an email follow-up):

please you kindly try to connect the red plug connector to a 12V 2A supply. (that part works OK)
    Yes, your are right, the yellow banana plug is raw video.
    This cant be connected to the laptop USB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by simon43 View Post
    This is the camera:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CCTV-20M-AV-Endoscope-6-LEDs-Waterproof-IP66-Inspection-Cam...item25a732392c

The supplier simply tells me (in an email follow-up):

please you kindly try to connect the red plug connector to a 12V 2A supply. (that part works OK)
    Yes, your are right, the yellow banana plug is raw video.
    This cant be connected to the laptop USB.
    I see now, Return it it's defective, The yellow connector is CVBS or composite video, It should work fine if connected to a TV with composite video IN, Keep in mind this camera is to be used for water wells or plumbing pipes, it's not meant for regular viewing, Why would you buy something before you ask the seller how it works?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Why would you buy something before you ask the seller how it works?
    The seller did tell me - it says in the Ebay listing that it is VGA output. So I have been trying to verify that it is working correctly, by using the video capture card, software etc.

But from the comments in this thread, it seems indeed that the product is faulty
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by simon43 View Post
    Why would you buy something before you ask the seller how it works?
    The seller did tell me - it says in the Ebay listing that it is VGA output. So I have been trying to verify that it is working correctly, by using the video capture card, software etc.

But from the comments in this thread, it seems indeed that the product is faulty
    The listing is misleading, The best way is to ask the seller a direct question, they just copy paste those listings they don't know what's in them, VGA is a multi pin port never came in a simple yellow RCA plug, you should have done your homework first, Some sellers are nice to just give you a refund, some of them requires returning the item back to china and ebay requires a return tracking # to get your refund which usually costs as much as what you have paid for the item.
    Quote Quote