VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We have a softball league comprised of eight teams - the Pirates, Indians, Raiders, etc. Each team has a roster of 12 players. We are shooting 60-second MP4 profiles of the players on each team. We'd like to set up a site (SENIOR LEAGUE) where you could log on, choose a link to a specific team and open a video by clicking the name of any player. Doing the math, that looks like about 96 minutes of video. Where and how should it be stored on the internet?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use YouTube or Vimeo as backend "servers" then create your own pages on your own site with navigation and embedded windows. That way you leverage the benefits of YT or Vimeo's bandwidth and platform agnosticism, but retain control of how it's accessed.
    Last edited by smrpix; 19th Mar 2016 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I second that idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    haha you guys are assuming he knows how to write code in html, buy a domain, set up a webserver, and open up a website.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks SMRPIX and CORNUCOPIA. I'll follow your suggestions.
    Do you think wordpress could be the home for the static site that leads to the players' Youtube links? Or would it be better to use a WYSIWYG code generator such as Dreamweaver to set up add populate a stand-alone domain/site? AND BY THE WAY, I'm new at this forum experience, but scarred enough to know more about someone who thought to contribute, "ha-ha," than he knows about himself. Deep!
    Quote Quote  
  6. All HTML code generators require some learning ability. Even Wordpress. I would buy a good book on the platform you choose and follow the instructions in the book. It's not something you can do in a day.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  7. There are some relatively simple tools, but as TreeTops says, there are learning curves on all of them. Take your time and try them out.

Here are some more. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2484510,00.asp
    If you have any of the Adobe suite currently, Muse is also fairly intuitive.
    Quote Quote  
  8. smrpix, that was a good link for you to post. Excellent advice there for beginners. And it looks like some of those web builder suggestions have made it much simpler than ever to create a website. Also there is a good comment there about why you shouldn't use Facebook for your website.

Your post #2 is still spot on.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shrdlu View Post
    AND BY THE WAY, I'm new at this forum experience, but scarred enough to know more about someone who thought to contribute, "ha-ha," than he knows about himself. Deep!
    sorry if you're "scarred" for life by a forum experience
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote