VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so today my mate gave me a like new portable speaker he used once but has no use for it

it has a very nice screen it looks really hq for only 320x240 and has a remote also has very good sound

only thing is the device will only play .mpg .vob .rm .rmvb but .mpg and .vob files are really big so i wanted to compress them to rmvb

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i thnk you mean portable media player
    SPEAKERS dont have display screens for video
    IMO rmvb files suck
    but
    SUPER will create rmvb files
    you have too jump thru hoops on the download page, and use custom install so you can skip/uncheck the garbage they want to include with it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    i thnk you mean portable media player
    SPEAKERS dont have display screens for video
    IMO rmvb files suck
    but
    SUPER will create rmvb files
    you have too jump thru hoops on the download page, and use custom install so you can skip/uncheck the garbage they want to include with it
    thanks mate

well on the front of the it it says mp5 media player speaker
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    RMVB (Real Media, variable bitrate) is only a container for a collection of different video and audio formats. You can probably create such a file with several ffmpeg based converters (I would not recommend SUPER specifically, it may mess your system, there are cleaner tools like VidCoder, Handbrake, TEncoder), or you could try the dedicated Easy RealMedia Producer. But expect that some content may not play, depending on your choice of video and audio formats inside the RMVB container.

This "MP5 Player" seems to be a chinese mobile media player with different designs, e.g. as cube or like a PSP. I have no clue what "MP5" really means, at best it is a wanna-be brand, but certainly no media standard. It probably means that it supports multiple formats.
    Last edited by LigH.de; 18th Mar 2016 at 03:24.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    RMVB (Real Media, variable bitrate) is only a container for a collection of different video and audio formats. You can probably create such a file with several ffmpeg based converters (I would not recommend SUPER specifically, it may mess your system, there are cleaner tools like VidCoder, Handbrake, TEncoder), or you could try the dedicated Easy RealMedia Producer. But expect that some content may not play, depending on your choice of video and audio formats inside the RMVB container.

This "MP5 Player" seems to be a chinese mobile media player with different designs, e.g. as cube or like a PSP. I have no clue what "MP5" really means, at best it is a wanna-be brand, but certainly no media standard. It probably means that it supports multiple formats.

thanks Easy RealMedia Producer works but only will convert .avi and mpeg1 .mpg all other formats when i click convert fail
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    So either curl up in a corner and cry ... or try other tools.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    Easy RealMedia Producer works but only will convert .avi and mpeg1 .mpg all other formats when i click convert fail
    That's not true. ERMP does accept Avisynth scripts at least
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have speakers in a TV radio or stereo system, they are for sound
    Media player in the name is the key
    Adding speaker on the end , is typical of bad Chinese English aka Chinglish
    At least you have one tool that works
    Video is not one of your hobbies or professions
    I don't think there is any thing in your PC super will mess up
    You don't have any special video programs or codecs installed
    It's not a Professional tool, but just about perfect for a beginner