VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 81 of 81
Thread
  1. I get the same error trying to open the script with VirtualDubMod, but when using VirtualDub it's far more succinct. Just "error opening file".

    Edit: I forgot the VirtualDub ffmpeg input driver plugin likes to open scripts and as it turns out, that's why VirtualDub was producing a different error message. When I disabled the ffmpeg input driver, VirtualDub displayed the same "module not found" error message as the other programs.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 21st Sep 2016 at 20:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for all your replies. Ended up using FFVideoSource, seems to have worked.

    My brother said I could've also just done this.

    v=DSS2("E:\Movies\IP Man 3\T1_Video - .mkv",FPS=24.0)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I get the same error trying to open the script with VirtualDubMod, but when using VirtualDub it's far more succinct. Just "error opening file".
    The ffinputdriver source plugin for VirtualDub is causing that vague error message. Specify another source plugin when you open the AVS script. There's another way of fixing the problem (so you don't have to select the source driver each time) but I forget what it is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by WAusJackBauer View Post
    Thank you for all your replies. Ended up using FFVideoSource, seems to have worked.

    My brother said I could've also just done this.

    v=DSS2("E:\Movies\IP Man 3\T1_Video - .mkv",FPS=24.0)
    That would change the frame rate by dropping or duplicating frames as required. If you specify the same frame rate as the source and it's constant frame rate, the output shouldn't be effected. FFVideoSource and LSmash can convert the frame rate the same way (although it's specified differently in a script). I doubt adding frame rate conversion to a script would fix the problem you described.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all. So I've run into this issue again with a new video. QTGMC seems to have changed a bit since I made this thread and I forgot everything that I learnt.

    This time I will send you the files so you know exactly what I'm working with and you can test it yourself. They aren't too big.

    I am wanting to trim the video so I'm not sure if that will cause any issues. I'm also wanting the framerate to be "as intended". I'm not sure if that's 30fps or the standard 24fps.

    https://mega.nz/folder/G4FChLoI#cYZJHkyiLVquWnbaskduSA
    Last edited by WAusJackBauer; 18th Jul 2021 at 09:59.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That video is already 24p and doesn't need deinterlacing or an inverse telecine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That video is already 24p and doesn't need deinterlacing or an inverse telecine.
    Hrrrm well when I encoded it, the audio and the video were out of sync.

    Mediainfo says it's 30fps and interlaced.
    Last edited by WAusJackBauer; 18th Jul 2021 at 10:00.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You must be talking about a different video. MediaInfo for the file you provided at mega, "00046_T1_Video - .m2v" says:

    Code:
    Video
    Format                                   : MPEG Video
    Format version                           : Version 2
    Format profile                           : Main@High
    Format settings                          : CustomMatrix / BVOP
    Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
    Format settings, GOP                     : M=3, N=12
    Duration                                 : 3 min 38 s
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable
    Bit rate                                 : 22.8 Mb/s
    Maximum bit rate                         : 40.0 Mb/s
    Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
    Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.458
    Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:00:00
    GOP, Open/Closed                         : Open
    GOP, Open/Closed of first frame          : Closed
    Stream size                              : 594 MiB (100%)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You must be talking about a different video. MediaInfo for the file you provided at mega, "00046_T1_Video - .m2v" says:

    Code:
    Video
    Format                                   : MPEG Video
    Format version                           : Version 2
    Format profile                           : Main@High
    Format settings                          : CustomMatrix / BVOP
    Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
    Format settings, GOP                     : M=3, N=12
    Duration                                 : 3 min 38 s
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable
    Bit rate                                 : 22.8 Mb/s
    Maximum bit rate                         : 40.0 Mb/s
    Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
    Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.458
    Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:00:00
    GOP, Open/Closed                         : Open
    GOP, Open/Closed of first frame          : Closed
    Stream size                              : 594 MiB (100%)
    I uploaded the wrong video derp. Files updated
    Last edited by WAusJackBauer; 18th Jul 2021 at 09:59.
    Quote Quote  
  10. That video is mostly telecined film. There are a few short shots with some blending and a ~3 second sequence of fully interlaced 30i video at about 50 seconds. I'd probably just IVTC the thing to 24p.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That video is mostly telecined film. There are a few short shots with some blending and a ~3 second sequence of fully interlaced 30i video at about 50 seconds. I'd probably just IVTC the thing to 24p.
    Thank you for your advice. I should have said, I basically need to be hand held in terms of how what to use and how to write out the script because my knowledge is quite limited. An example of the script you used for the video you uploaded would be perfect.

    I looked up IVTC and downloaded the plugins but I don't know if I should use TDecimate on its own, TFM on its own, both or something entirely different. Also should I simply type "TFM" and then hit refresh, or should I push enter which brings out all the parameters? The parameters are like a different language to me but if they need to be adjusted then yeah.

    You said to convert it to 24 frames. There's a few ways of doing this, how would you suggest? Also since I plan to trim, write the trim frames after the frame rate change I'm guessing?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I used this AviSynth script:

    Code:
    Mpeg2Source("00047_T1_Video - .d2v", Info=3) 
    TFM(d2v=00047_T1_Video - .d2v")
    TDecimate()
    TFM and TDecimate are included in the TIVTC package for AviSynth. The d2v was built with DgIndex, also included. Open the m2v with (or VOB or MPG) file with DgIndex, make sure Video -> Field Operation -> Honor Pulldown Flags is enabled, then File -> Save Project.

    I encoded the AviSynth script with the x264 command line encoder by dragging the script onto a batch file:
    Code:
    start /b /low "x264" "g:\program files\x264\x264-64bit.exe" --preset=slow --crf=18 --keyint=50 --sar=1:1 --colormatrix=bt709 --stitchable --output "%~1.mkv" "%~1"
    Then muxed the new mkv video and origina AC3 l audio with MkvToolnixGUI.

    But I believe you can just modify the script that MeGUI creates (I don't use the program so I don't know exactly how that's done) and use MeGUI for the encoding and muxing.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I used this AviSynth script:

    Code:
    Mpeg2Source("00047_T1_Video - .d2v", Info=3) 
    TFM(d2v=00047_T1_Video - .d2v")
    TDecimate()
    TFM and TDecimate are included in the TIVTC package for AviSynth. The d2v was built with DgIndex, also included. Open the m2v with (or VOB or MPG) file with DgIndex, make sure Video -> Field Operation -> Honor Pulldown Flags is enabled, then File -> Save Project.

    I encoded the AviSynth script with the x264 command line encoder by dragging the script onto a batch file:
    Code:
    start /b /low "x264" "g:\program files\x264\x264-64bit.exe" --preset=slow --crf=18 --keyint=50 --sar=1:1 --colormatrix=bt709 --stitchable --output "%~1.mkv" "%~1"
    Then muxed the new mkv video and origina AC3 l audio with MkvToolnixGUI.

    But I believe you can just modify the script that MeGUI creates (I don't use the program so I don't know exactly how that's done) and use MeGUI for the encoding and muxing.
    Thank you again for your response but I have a few questions still.

    I noticed you have the d2v file loaded or "dragged" in after TFM. Is that required? I always thought just having it once at the start was enough. Also I was using D2VSource instead of Mpeg2Source. I believe D2VSource is frame accurate but I could be wrong.

    I used DGIndex in MeGUI but it didn't have the option for honor pulldown flags

    Image
    [Attachment 59924 - Click to enlarge]


    Lastly, any word on the audio and trimming? Should it all sync up with this new script now?

    EDIT: Did a quick encode, everything appears to be working, thank you so much!
    Last edited by WAusJackBauer; 19th Jul 2021 at 02:55.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Search PM
    I am searching for a good avs+- script for deinterlacing captured analog videos. Maybe qtgmc? Should I deinterlace first, save it to a lossless format and then go for further processing?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Further processing in AviSynth? Or some other program?

    If in AviSynth you can just add the other processing before or after deinterlacing.

    If in another program -- does the program allow you to import AviSynth scripts? For example, VirtualDub can open AviSynth scripts and perform additional processing on them so there would be no need for an intermediate file. If the program can't open AviSynth scripts you'll need to use an intermediate.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Search PM
    Yes, exactly, AviSynth
    Quote Quote  
  17. Video Damager VoodooFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    At Doom9
    Search PM
    Maybe he is still confused why I told him to deinterlace to a lossless file before doing delogo, that's because InpaintDelogo is parsing video multiple times doing analysis.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, since QTGMC is very slow it sometimes makes sense (ie it's faster) to use it first with an intermediate then do further AviSynth processing on that intermediate.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    Maybe he is still confused why I told him to deinterlace to a lossless file before doing delogo, that's because InpaintDelogo is parsing video multiple times doing analysis.
    Yes, that's exactly why I ask this question
    Quote Quote  
  20. Another thing you can do while working on your script is to use a faster deinterlacer until you get things set up. Then switch to QTGMC for the final encoding. Yadif is fast and works well enough for that.

    Are you sure you need to deinterlace rather than field match or inverse telecine?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Ahhh @jagabo you're still here helping people, you legend
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads