VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I get the same error trying to open the script with VirtualDubMod, but when using VirtualDub it's far more succinct. Just "error opening file".

Edit: I forgot the VirtualDub ffmpeg input driver plugin likes to open scripts and as it turns out, that's why VirtualDub was producing a different error message. When I disabled the ffmpeg input driver, VirtualDub displayed the same "module not found" error message as the other programs.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 21st Sep 2016 at 19:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for all your replies. Ended up using FFVideoSource, seems to have worked.

My brother said I could've also just done this.

v=DSS2("E:\Movies\IP Man 3\T1_Video - .mkv",FPS=24.0)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I get the same error trying to open the script with VirtualDubMod, but when using VirtualDub it's far more succinct. Just "error opening file".
    The ffinputdriver source plugin for VirtualDub is causing that vague error message. Specify another source plugin when you open the AVS script. There's another way of fixing the problem (so you don't have to select the source driver each time) but I forget what it is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by WAusJackBauer View Post
    Thank you for all your replies. Ended up using FFVideoSource, seems to have worked.

My brother said I could've also just done this.

v=DSS2("E:\Movies\IP Man 3\T1_Video - .mkv",FPS=24.0)
    That would change the frame rate by dropping or duplicating frames as required. If you specify the same frame rate as the source and it's constant frame rate, the output shouldn't be effected. FFVideoSource and LSmash can convert the frame rate the same way (although it's specified differently in a script). I doubt adding frame rate conversion to a script would fix the problem you described.
    Quote Quote