VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody.
    I was using ClownDB in the past to rip Blu-rays without problems.

On the new pc, i just downloaded ClownDB and I found out that in every blu-ray I rip there are artifacts. Blue-rays were decrypted with AnyDVD HD anmd copied to a folder on hard drive. ClownDB is launched on such folder and produces h264 and audio/sup files. muxing the h264 in a mp4 with mp4box results in an mp4 with green artifacts here and there, while the original m2ts files in the decrypted blu-ray folder doesn't have such artifacts. So the artifact can have been produced only during the demuxing (ClownDB) or remuxing. Any idea what's happening?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here is an example of what I am talking about. It is possible that somehow the files are still encrypted/protected somehow?

Quote Quote  
  3. No, ecryption is gone.
    ClownBD cannot do anything to video, or rather to say eac3to, it just demuxes.
    Then MP4box again, it just muxes those elementary streams.

So something is going on with PC, you changed your enviroment.
    First thing, I'd check your video players, decoding performance. Or choose other players.
    Last edited by _Al_; 14th Mar 2016 at 10:04.
    Quote Quote  
  4. the m2ts file in the starting folder can be opened by both VLC and windows media player, no artifacts. once demuxed and remuxed, VLC plays still with no artifacts, while WMP shows the green artifact. If I re-encode it, the resulting video shows artifacts with both VLC and WMP.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So it looks, while decoding for encoding, the artifacts are introduced hence showing in those encodings.
    Quote Quote  
  6. once demuxed and remuxed, VLC plays still with no artifacts, while WMP shows the green artifact.
    the artifacts are there also BEFORE re-encoding, if I open it with WMP. So there are not generated when decoding for demuxing. They are generated before, and re-encoding only makes them manifest also for VLC. Before re-encoding looks like VLC is able to avoid to show them, while WMP is not. I really dont' know what's going on...
    Quote Quote  
  7. To be more clear:

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by ges87 View Post
    once demuxed and remuxed, VLC plays still with no artifacts, while WMP shows the green artifact. If I re-encode it, the resulting video shows artifacts with both VLC and WMP.
    How can it be there before encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Originally Posted by ges87 View Post
    once demuxed and remuxed, VLC plays still with no artifacts, while WMP shows the green artifact. If I re-encode it, the resulting video shows artifacts with both VLC and WMP.
    How can it be there before encoding?
    That is what I am asking. I'm just showing the situation, without understanding. I think there was something wrong during the ripping, and somehow the video are corrupted, even though the damage doesn't show up with the originally ripped videos, but only after "doing something" with them. Maybe some header or dunno what. I'm not expert that's why I came here to ask
    Quote Quote  
  10. It's a problem with the muxer, the file reader/splitter, and/or the decoder. VLC uses its own internal components. WMP uses system installed DirectShow components. Try a different muxer, different reader/splitter, and/or different h.264 decoder.
    Quote Quote