VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to restore a moov atom in video, basically following steps described here but I am encountering problems I am gonna describe below.

Code:
    recover_mp4_to_h264.exe ref_file.MP4 --avcc
    This line works quite ok and generates 2 files: avcc.hdr (41 bytes) and mp4a.hdr (79 bytes).

Code:
    recover_mp4_to_h264.exe broken.MP4 broken.h264 broken.aac
    This line seems to fetch correctly the data from previously created files but as an output I get broken.h264 (size 38) and broken.aac (size 0). I am not sure whether that kind of size is normal but even when I later on try to put it together with the ffmpeg it spits a lot of errors.

At the beginning I thought the problem is with my broken file, but after testing few different .mp4 files that work correctly (sizes from 300 MB to 700 MB) it always produces h264 file with size around 40 and later on is unable to put together with ffmpeg.

I was wondering if it works only with gopro files, even though the extension is still the same? Could someone who had luck with this method post some sample file that is possible to pass through those steps so I could try it and assure myself it works?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What were your broken files captured with?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why not to just use mp4box,
    while muxing or re-muxing mp4 it sets moov atom as a default.
    Quote Quote