VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've collected quite a few videos from a high speed camera at 10,000 FPS, from the camera the files are saved as uncompressed .mov files. However I need to upload these to ImageJ as an uncompressed .avi file in order to go through the video frame by frame. I guess I could convert these to .avi files in h.624 codec and then decompress but believe I will lose frames this way?! Does anyone have any suggestions?I am in no way at all tech savvy!
    Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why not just install Quicktime? Then you can play your files as-is. If you go to Quicktime Pro ($30) you can export as sequential jpeg, png or other formats that ImageJ supports.
    Last edited by smrpix; 12th Mar 2016 at 12:58.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can probably batch convert with ffmpeg

But is that what you really want ? I guess the question is why are you using ImageJ ? There are other better options to view videos frame by frame
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need to use H.264 as an intermediate format. You can use FFmpeg to convert to uncompressed AVI. You won't lose any quality unless there's a colorspace conversion or a change in pixel format or chroma sampling scheme. What does mediainfo say about these MOVs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Why not just install Quicktime? Then you can play your files as-is. If you go to Quicktime Pro ($30) you can export as sequential jpeg, png or other formats that ImageJ supports.
    QT pro can export as Uncompressed AVI also, so one-stop shop.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub via ffmpeg input driver should also do it and it is free.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^+1 for Virtualdub
    Quote Quote