VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey ya'll,

I have a bunch of aac I demuxed from some mp4 videos, and I want to get them over to m4a eventually to throw them into picard and get all my metadata on there and have them compatible with my devices. I have YAMB and Avanti but Avanti doesn't seem to have this functionality built in, and YAMB throws errors every time I try to mux the aac to m4a or mp4 (although really oddly sometimes I get a file output that sounds ok even when it says muxing failed). I was able to batch demux with Avanti very easily and smoothly but I'm stumped for the next step.

It is my understanding that this should be a trivial task with YAMB. Am I an idiot?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Ah, thanks. I'm not too good with command lining, which is why I'm using front end GUIs for everything. I ended up with this:

Code:
    set thisdir=%1
    For /R %thisdir% %%J IN (*.aac) do (
    "path_to_ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -v error -i "%%J" -acodec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vn "%%J".mp4
    )
    pause
    but I can't figure out how to relocate processed files to a different directory and change the file extension rather than just putting .mp4 after .aac. All my files are *.aac.mp4 now, hah.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Code:
    set thisdir=%1
    set "new_directory=E:\MP4"
    "path_to_ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -v error -i "%%J" -acodec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vn "%new_directory%\%%~nJ.mp4"
    )
    pause
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Code:
    set thisdir=%1
    set "new_directory=E:\MP4"
    "path_to_ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -v error -i "%%J" -acodec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vn "%new_directory%\%%~nJ.mp4"
    )
    pause
    Thank you sir! The n in %%~nJ is what I was missing.
    Last edited by Kylezo; 13th Mar 2016 at 04:52.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    %%~nJ
    yea, that ;p
    Quote Quote