VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please help me solve the problem with playing videos via USB on Panasonic VIERA recorded by a DVB-T device with the chipset 7801 MSTAR as "mts" file and edited (commercials cut out) by Avidemux 2.6.8 and saved as mp4.

Playing videos from a USB pendrive on the TV is much more convenient in general because of the very nice fast forward/rewind/jump features. But these features do not work with the edited mts files. Only play/stop works - which is very annoying because if something interrupts the viewing, you cannot resume, you have to restart. The features work smoothly with the originally recorded, not edited, mts files.

For editing in Avidemux I set video and audio output as "copy" and the output format to MP4v2 Muxer. Also tried muxers AVI, MP4, Mkv with the same effect (TS does not play at all).

The trio forward/rewind/jump works without problems on my laptop Win32 SP SP3 with VLC media player 2.2.1. with the edited files.

I cannot figure out why such behavior. Is there anything I could do differently?

Besides, the MSTAR recording device seems not to see edited files at all on the USB pendrive.

Unfortunately I've not been able to register at Avidemux forum http://avidemux.org/smif/ (error messages/banned?!).

I appreciate any help with this problem.

My best
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try remux the mp4 to a m2ts or ts with tsmuxer. Just add the edited file in tsmuxer and start muxing. The video and audio will not be reconverted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AVFun View Post

For editing in Avidemux I set video and audio output as "copy" and the output format to MP4v2 Muxer. Also tried muxers AVI, MP4, Mkv with the same effect (TS does not play at all).
    1) Unless "mts" is in the AviDemux output format list....you are not copying.
    2) Believe it or not, AUDIO is also a big sticking point for files viewed/played on a television. Check the manual for playable audio.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avi demux.... Is a handy program, but when it comes to MTS files I have better luck using video redo
    It is not free, but it works very well, and it is current .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You could try remux the mp4 to a m2ts or ts with tsmuxer. Just add the edited file in tsmuxer and start muxing. The video and audio will not be reconverted.
    Thanks a lot for your advice.

After some trial and error I've abandoned Avidemux altogether and do all the cutting, joining and demuxing with TSMuxer and a video player for identifying cutting points. It works all the time, although appended parts have slightly delayed second audio track (<.5 sec) but I can live with that. With Avidemux I got many errors (crashes, muted audio, could not jump/rewind), could not control it at all, however it worked sometimes o with smaller files (<1 hour).

My best
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by AVFun View Post

1) Unless "mts" is in the AviDemux output format list....you are not copying.
    2) Believe it or not, AUDIO is also a big sticking point for files viewed/played on a television. Check the manual for playable audio.
    Thanks for your input. Audio seems to be copied now when I use TSMUxer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    Avi demux.... Is a handy program, but when it comes to MTS files I have better luck using video redo
    It is not free, but it works very well, and it is current .
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote