VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to create a DVD with surround sound 5.1 for play back on a a Sony and also a Samsung DVD player.

I am able to create these mixes in Audition, Premiere and Soundtrack Pro. However I am confused after trying many ways to then burn these to DVD.

What process or format do I need to go through to make this process work? I have access to Compressor, Aimersoft Converter and MPeg Streamclip however I am not sure if any of these will actually complete this task. I thought Compressor would however even this seems to be not working.

I am currently using a MacBook Pro 2010 OS X Yosemite 10.10. I have tried to follow this tutorial here:

https://library.creativecow.net/articles/weiss_roth_david/magazine_51_surround.php

However this is still not working for me.

Any help would be good.

Richie
    Last edited by richiwebb; 28th Feb 2016 at 19:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You would probably get more answers to Mac specific questions in our Mac Forum. Moving you.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I thought Compressor would
    Not a mac user and never used Compressor but according to your link it delivers a m2v file (video) and an ac3 file (audio) both DVD compliant, ie no further conversion is needed. As it says in your link the final step is then to author a DVD using those two files and suggest you use DVD Studio Pro for this. Another option could be DVDStyler.
    Quote Quote