VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am making film from video and stills shot on a DSLR in Vegas Pro. I want the still image to have the zoom/pan called Ken Burns effect.
    My question is does Vegas lose quality when zoomed as discussed here http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3540763

The stills are highest quality jpegs available from the camera. About 6Mb per file
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vegas links to your original stills. How much you zoom in, your timeline settings and your export settings are all possible places where quality may be compromised -- but Vegas does not degrade them on the way in.

Also, file size doesn't mean very much, resolution (dimensions) is what's important.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Vegas will use all the available resolution if you zoom in with the Pan/Crop control and "Stretch to frame" = true. Don't use the Track Motion control.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Vegas will use all the available resolution if you zoom in with the Pan/Crop control and "Stretch to frame" = true. Don't use the Track Motion control.
    found that after posting here. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Vegas links to your original stills. How much you zoom in, your timeline settings and your export settings are all possible places where quality may be compromised -- but Vegas does not degrade them on the way in.

Also, file size doesn't mean very much, resolution (dimensions) is what's important.
    thanks
    Quote Quote