VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm making a DVD. I made my own animated menu background, including my own "Play All" button.

Then in DVDStyler, I placed the "Play All" button over where my button is and made the button invisible so only my button can be seen.

However, when I burned the disc, I found that DVDStyler places a small white circle next to the "Play All" button. I don't want it to be there because the buttons don't appear immediately - my menu has a little animation first.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the white dot? Or, even better, how to make the buttons wait a while before appearing so my animation can play first before the menu appears?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you want an animated intro ending in a still menu,ie non-looping menu?

I do this by using a Title as intro, grab the last frame and use this as still-menu background.

Anyway, try using button=0; as pre-command for the menu and as cell command for the menu use button=1024; (or whatever button you want highlighted)

EDIT: Just remebered: You can specify this directly in the menu property. Here buttons becomes visible after 4 sec:

Name:  Subpic.jpg
Views: 2247
Size:  31.7 KB
    Last edited by videobruger; 27th Feb 2016 at 20:46.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your help Videoburger

Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Do you want an animated intro ending in a still menu,ie non-looping menu?

I do this by using a Title as intro, grab the last frame and use this as still-menu background.
    Yes, this is exactly what I want to do. But I don't know how to make title play first before the main menu appears?

Anyway, try using button=0; as pre-command for the menu and as cell command for the menu use button=1024; (or whatever button you want highlighted)
    Sorry to sound ignorant but I have no idea what a pre-command or cell command are or where you enter them?

EDIT: Just remebered: You can specify this directly in the menu property. Here buttons becomes visible after 4 sec:

[Attachment 35928 - Click to enlarge]
    That looks like it would work perfectly, thank you It's a shame I have to waste a DVD every time I want to test if it works properly, previews don't work on my computer. When I do a preview, my media player opens with an error saying something like "Can't connect to the internet".
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's a shame I have to waste a DVD every time I want to test if it works properly
    but I have no idea what a pre-command
    Perhaps download the video "LearningCurve.mp4" from here.

But I don't know how to make title play first before the main menu appears?
    One way of doing this is DVD -> Options... and use First Play Command

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2_28_2016 , 3_18_47 PM.png
Views:	290
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	35935

and then as post command for the "intro" title use

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2_28_2016 , 3_19_07 PM.png
Views:	285
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	35936

(In case your media player is VLC it default to skip First Play Commands. It is shown here how to change the default setting)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you Videobruger, you have been really helpful

I don't suppose you know anywhere where I can find a list of all the pre- and post- commands?
    Last edited by Gameshow Host; 1st Mar 2016 at 09:09.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have another DVDStyler question while I'm here… Do you know which is quicker - to let DVDStyler recompress videos, or just set them to "copy"? I have burned a few discs using both methods and the time seems kind of random. Usually it takes about half an hour to burn a disc, but yesterday a disc took over 3 hours to burn - and that surprised me as the video was set to "copy" so I wouldn't have thought it required much processing. Weird.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't suppose you know anywhere where I can find a list of all the pre- and post- commands?
    In DVDStyler you either select pre- and postcommand using a drop-down menu or you type them using a scripting language. If you havn't already you should start by reading this.

With this scripting language you can - amongst other - access 16 General Purpose Registers setting their values and perform test on them. These registers are referenced by the letter 'g' followed by their number.

As an example say you have a title with two audio tracks and two subtitle tracks then you could write a pre-command for that title using the register g5 to test which track to use like:

if(g5==1) {audio=0;subtitle=64;} else {audio=1;subtitle=65;}

So, there is as such no list of possible pre- and post- commands

Do you know which is quicker - to let DVDStyler recompress videos, or just set them to "copy"?
    "Copy" is always faster and should be used if possible, ie the source files are DVD compliant. DVDStyler automatically uses "Copy" when it consider the source files for being compliant but is not infailurable in this respect as files with wrong GOP size or color space may be considered compliant. Ultimately the responsibillity is yours.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you so much once again! You have been really helpful, and that PDF is really helpful. DVDStyler really is an excellent program.
    Quote Quote