VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have just used MakeMKV for the first time.

When I put a DVD in my PC's DVD drive, the MakeMKV program saw three titles to convert but after I had done the conversions, the names of the files were 'title_01.mkv', 'title_02.mkv' and 'title_03.mkv' and not the name of the actual film I was ripping.

Two of the titles were adverts and junk so I tried just to convert the first title as that was the one with the main film but again the output folder had the converted film under the name of 'title_01.mkv' and not the name of the actual film.

I know I can rename the file just as I would do when renaming document files, but is there a setting so that MakeMKV can do it in the conversion process? (It can already see the name of the film from the DVD drive when I load it up in the DVD drive).
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Under View->Preferences and General enable Expert mode. You can then set the Name to whatever you like. Or try change to Metadata language(I have no idea what it means...).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Baldrick, I will have a look at that setting.
    Quote Quote