VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Now that Slysoft is gone, somebody's going to reverse engineer the software (probably already have) and bring out their own version because now there's money to be made. Good old supply and demand!
    Never truer words spoken.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Here's an interesting aftershock from Slysoft's departure. DVDFab has just announced that they will not produce a program for decryption of the new Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-we-will-not-decrypt-or-circumvent-aacs-2-0-in-the-days...to-come-78698/

Gee, I wonder why.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Here's an interesting aftershock from Slysoft's departure. DVDFab has just announced that they will not produce a program for decryption of the new Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-we-will-not-decrypt-or-circumvent-aacs-2-0-in-the-days...to-come-78698/

Gee, I wonder why.
    $$$$$$$$$$ paid?? LOL
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Next Version of AACS Copy Protection Accompanying those newly released Ultra HD Blu-ray titles is the version 2.0 of Advanced Access Content System. According to a document called AACS 2.0 Draft, the new copy protection requires the Ultra HD Blu-ray players to support two AACS 2.0 functionalities, one named “basic” and the other referred as “enhanced”. Furthermore, the Enhanced AACS 2.0 requires an internet connection upon the first playback of a specific Ultra HD Blu-ray disc. As to the reason, it is said that the live internet connection is a must to retrieve a key which is stored on the device. The document also indicates that HDCP 2.2 is required in order to fully support 4K content, and Ultra HD Blu-ray players will also come up with a new feature called Trusted Execution Environment where authenticated code can be executed, which is said to be an enhanced version of BD+.

will there be a solution to crack AACS 2.0?

Fengtao Software Inc. makes it clear that the company will not decrypt or circumvent AACS 2.0 in the days to come. This is in accordance with AACS-LA, (which has not made public the specifications for AACS 2.0), the BDA and the movie studios. Regarding Ultra HD support, DVDFab will concentrate development efforts on providing support for editing 4K/UHD content.

I do not like that: " the live internet connection is a must to retrieve a key which is stored on the device. "

Source: http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-we-will-not-decrypt-or-circumvent-aacs-2-0-in-the-days...to-come-78698/

No more possible to rip our own personal discs in Ultra HD Blu-ray environment?

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Temporarily adding it here also. And latest version was 7.6.9.0.
    THANK YOU, Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an interesting aftershock from Slysoft's departure. DVDFab has just announced that they will not produce a program for decryption of the new Ultra HD Blu-ray discs.

Gee, I wonder why.
    My guess is DVDFab does not know how to decrypt AACS 2.0. Instead of looking like they can't do it and instead of having users asking everyday when they are going to add it, they decided to make the PR announcement to end the issue before it began. I would bet if AACS 2.0 was ever broken they would add it to the DVDFab program, but I would not expect them to break it themselves.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It may be cracked down the road. The AACS 2.0 uses two encryption the first would be the easy one to get around, the second one is the difficult one Since it requires a internet connection to download a key.

Any word if AACS 2.0 would coming to Normal Blu-Rays?

---------------

It seems as of late allot of things are becoming more and more secure.

I just liked the idea I could play my Blu-Rays on the software I want to play it on, instead of being forced to use PowerDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  8. "Since it requires a internet connection to download a key."

Does that mean that I have to have an internet connection to play it on a standalone player or is it decrypted by hardware in the player.?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    internet connection required the first time they are inserted into any device or they don't play.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    "Since it requires a internet connection to download a key."

Does that mean that I have to have an internet connection to play it on a standalone player or is it decrypted by hardware in the player.?
    It will try locally first if it fails it will have to connect to the net. If theirs no connection it will say failed and nothign will be played back. You only need to download the key once per Blu-ray. Unless it downloads the the latest BD database at that time.

*Note*

From my understanding it's not on all Blu-Rays just the ones where studio enforce the policy.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YES, Hollywood once again wins, With all the things going on in the USA you would think they would have better or more important things to worry about, But since the USA takes care of the rich and the rich donate all the money for campaigning they get what they want, Best thing to do is stop going to the movies and stop buying all those movie disks and see how much money they loose then maybe they would have to live like us and see how they like that, Bring them back down to earth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    Best thing to do is stop going to the movies and stop buying all those movie disks and see how much money they loose .
    I won't be joining the boycott. I plan to continue renting movies on physical media, buying movies on physical media, and going to a theater to watch movies. If I have a problem playing a disc, I will return it to the store where I bought it or report the problem to Red Box if it was a rental.

It isn't as if I never have a problem playing commercial discs. I rented "A Walk in the Woods" on Blu-ray a few weeks ago to watch with my mother, but it wouldn't play on her Blu-Ray player even after updating the firmware. I reported the problem and received a credit for the Blu-Ray rental and a credit to watch the movie for free on DVD, which we did the following week.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [/QUOTE] I won't be joining the boycott. I plan to continue renting movies on physical media, buying movies on physical media, and going to a theater to watch movies. If I have a problem playing a disc, I will return it to the store where I bought it or report the problem to Red Box if it was a rental.

Donate, Donate, I can wait 3 months until it comes out on disk to rent which the movie industry still makes money but not as much or another several months it will be free on TV.
    Quote Quote  
  15. usually_quiet, I'm (truly!) glad you apparently find satisfactory compensation with your bad disc transactions, but things are rather less pleasant for those of us who regularly buy movie collections or (especially) TV season sets. It is more than a little outrageous that 20 years after the debut of DVD, the studios STILL cannot get their collective acts together on reliable standards and disc consistency *at the authoring stage* - never mind their ongoing disc manufacturing QC follies.

There is no acceptable reason whatsoever to botch a TV season set so completely that exchanges are pointless (because all samples of the set have the same embedded authoring or production flaws, and a remaster will never happen). A Red Box rental of a popular movie that goes wonky is a minor annoyance: if the disc is problematic it will show up on a stream or cable eventually (or you have a shot at it being remastered). But rare or niche-interest titles mangled by studio incompetence are infuriating, because we know its likely the only version that will ever be available to buy.

I'd estimate a good 20% of my TV season sets are plagued with immediate defects in authoring or mfr, while another 10% seem fine at first only to inexplicably decay months later. Exchanging for another set typically just trades flaws or repeats the same ones. The only workaround is to use AnyDVD to "heal" the defects while ripping a backup. This doesn't always work, success rate is perhaps 75%, but its better than nothing. So with AnyDVD gone, a huge hole opens in my salvage toolkit. We can hope the final AnyDVD will still work on the ebbing flow of future DVD releases, but the clock is ticking on forward BD compatibility.

Then again, the tide might be indirectly turning in collector's favor. As consumer interest in physical discs dies off, more and more new releases get shifted from pressed mass production to order-on-demand recordable discs. The on-demand discs tend to have less-convoluted authoring, far less incidence of physical mfr defects, and can be backed up by obsolete decryption utilities.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    Very unfortunate news: I've had an update subscription since 2005, just noticed an email prompting me to download v7.9.6.0, clicked the link and found the site is gone.

A total bummer for those of us who actually buy DVDs and BDs: a disturbing number of new pressings are still riddled with immediate or delayed defects which are curable only by making backups via CloneDVD/AnyDVD. Its bad enough the pressings are so poor we legit buyers are forced to make backups just to view the content we purchased, then Hollywood has the balls to shut down the last vital developer of the required software? This bunch of asshats deserve a sustained global boycott of their crappy disc output. It'll never happen, but it should.

Way to drive millions more people to torrent sites, MPAA: brilliant strategy ya got there. It didn't work in 1982, 1997, 2007, but y'all just keep throwing good money after bad lawyers, foolishly believing the lies they feed you about "billions in lost profits". The only profits you clowns have been losing is the money you burn vainly trying to frustrate your ever-dwindling supply of paying customers. Get a clue: the professional pirates who actually steal your assets don't need AnyDVD- you're in the back end of the horse costume, blind, as usual.
    This will be a major inconvenience for home users with legitimate uses for the software, but it's a total joke to suppose that this will have any serious impact on the continued, wide dissemination of copyrighted content. Right now, you can find plenty of scene site downloads available for just about anything -- up to 1080P, in professional-grade quality -- with many of these indicating that they were derived from streaming origins. So, whatever is being used to protect said streams is not even slowing these folks down. It seems a safe bet that this trend will only increase.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  17. This is totally unfair. Their software only helped people fairly use the content they paid for. DVDFab still works if you use the non-US version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
    This is totally unfair. Their software only helped people fairly use the content they paid for. DVDFab still works if you use the non-US version.
    I haven't managed to keep up on all of this news . . . but was there some mention of Fengtao also closing up shop, getting bought off, ceasing development, or something of that nature ? If so, it wouldn't be a huge surprise either: Big Content has had them in its crosshairs for a long time now.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, and one other thing, just out of curiosity and my not really having stayed in the loop on this, but didn't one or the other of these products -- in their more recent versions -- claim to have finally beaten Cinavia ? If so, was that a true breakthrough ? In view of a few threads here on that subject which grew tiresome, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I'd like to find out.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is totally unfair. Their software only helped people fairly use the content they paid for. DVDFab still works if you use the non-US version.
    there is no US version of dvdfab anymore. it's all one version now.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    This less as a reflection of the cracking down by the powers and more decision by the slysoft owners to get out. To wit, streaming has killed ripping. Simple supply/demand economics at work.
    Streaming hasn't killed the video physical media yet although it did hurt it, for two raisons, 1- Streaming quality is lower especially for Videophiles' taste. 2- Data caps on internet render streaming a distant option for households with several devices in the home, Until those two inconveniences eliminated we'll probably see the death of the Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray just like the CD/SACD/DVD-Audio did.
    In my opinion streaming/OTA/Cable/Satellite will purposely always be inferior in quality compared to the physical disc to keep movie sales going.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    With this ultra high definition in progress how difficult it is, just using home environment and appropriate anti-reflex screen to just capture video using decent camcorder/camera in manual mode steady on tripod. I can imagine it would get perfected, filtered and to be available for upload. I think this lobby cannot control this thing. Unless there is a total control of internet content. They pushed harder perhaps because of UHD is emerging out of shadows.
    Silly indeed, who needs a crappy quality cam capture when you can pay few dollars a month and stream it with decent quality, the whole idea of fighting copy protection removal software is they don't want you to have a full blast studio quality copy of the movie with losseless audio track, they can care less about video shooting your projection screen, there is simply no desire for it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM

Gee, I wonder why.
    They are shitting in their pants, they don't want to be next.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    YES, Hollywood once again wins, With all the things going on in the USA you would think they would have better or more important things to worry about, But since the USA takes care of the rich and the rich donate all the money for campaigning they get what they want, Best thing to do is stop going to the movies and stop buying all those movie disks and see how much money they loose then maybe they would have to live like us and see how they like that, Bring them back down to earth.
    Aint going to happen, too many dumb hardworking people.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I haven't managed to keep up on all of this news . . . but was there some mention of Fengtao also closing up shop, getting bought off, ceasing development, or something of that nature ? If so, it wouldn't be a huge surprise either: Big Content has had them in its crosshairs for a long time now.
    Fengtao still in business last I heard. What they announced is that they will not attempt to break encryption on 4K Blu-ray discs. It doesn't bother me too much because every single DRM effort going all the way back to VHS, has been broken. Someone will step in and offer that ability. And honestly I'm just fine with regular Blu-ray. My worry is that the AACS 2.0 will work its way into regular Blu-ray and DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    This less as a reflection of the cracking down by the powers and more decision by the slysoft owners to get out. To wit, streaming has killed ripping. Simple supply/demand economics at work.
    Streaming hasn't killed the video physical media yet although it did hurt it, for two raisons, 1- Streaming quality is lower especially for Videophiles' taste. 2- Data caps on internet render streaming a distant option for households with several devices in the home, Until those two inconveniences eliminated we'll probably see the death of the Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray just like the CD/SACD/DVD-Audio did.
    In my opinion streaming/OTA/Cable/Satellite will purposely always be inferior in quality compared to the physical disc to keep movie sales going.
    I didn't say streaming killed physical media. I said streaming killed ripping which includes streaming ripped movies. There is a difference. There are other threads if you want to wade into the ownership model.
    Quote Quote  
  27. For those that don't know, the (re-named) forum has been moved to https://forum.redfox.bz/
    And some good news regarding a new release of AnyDVD: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/key-server-ips-instructions.68345/page-4#post-425505
    Quote Quote