VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have ripped a dvd9 to my hard drive with dvd decrypter 3.5.4 and tried to use dvd shrink on it. version 3.2

It will not read it. claiming it cannot read the ifo because the 'parameter is incorrect'.

What can I do about this?

My problem is a want to burn the thing onto a DVD5 - i.e. one disk. Or even spread it over two disks, I don't care.

If there is an easier way to go about it that's fine with me.
    Last edited by abrogard; 22nd Feb 2016 at 18:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try a decrypting program that is not 11 years outdated?
    DVDFabDecrypter (there IS a free portion of the program) would be my first choice.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love old but good. My car is 44 years old.

But alright, if Decrypter won't do it I'll change.

But that won't fix this problem. I don't have the DVD any more. Haven't had it for a long time. I always used to - when I was an avid movie watcher - rip my DVD's to the hard drive with Decrypter as a backup. That's where I am now. Browsing my backups. Of course I can watch on the computer. But for the family to watch on the t.v. ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    I love old but good. My car is 44 years old.

But alright, if Decrypter won't do it I'll change.

But that won't fix this problem. I don't have the DVD any more. Haven't had it for a long time. I always used to - when I was an avid movie watcher - rip my DVD's to the hard drive with Decrypter as a backup. That's where I am now. Browsing my backups. Of course I can watch on the computer. But for the family to watch on the t.v. ?
    Try MakeMKV on the DVD files and folders to see if it can create an MKV containing the movie or try the free version of VOB2MPG on the DVD files to create an mpg. If successful, re-author the resulting file as a menuless DVD using AVStoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well that was halfway there. I found MakeMKV picked it up and created three .mkv's out of it - the first one of which was the movie so that's fine.

What is not so fine is that it is 4839 MB. A bit too big. AVStoDVD doesn't seem to have the option for burning it to two disks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Use AVStoDVD to re-author the .mkv file to a DVD 5. To have it fit on DVD 5, you'll have to uncheck the option for Video Direct Stream Copy on the Video settings tab though. If that option is unchecked, AVStoDVD will re-encode the video so it will then fit. You can even add a simple menu if you wish.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    haven't got the wrong version of avstodvd do I? 2.8.1 ? I've done 'add title' and got my .mkv in there. Then I've picked Output: Burn DVD, is that right?

There seems nothing else to check. Can't see a Direct Stream Copy choice anywhere...
    Quote Quote