VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! Can you help me to solve my situation? In 2006 year I used program "DVD Decrypter" because there was protection from copying. This program could copy films not always. Sometimes it made parts of films. After that errors I have become very doubter, because all films may be not whole and people could pass some scenes. Do you know what to do with it? Also I saw that films with big attention, because another films I didn't have.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Copy and rip with somethine else like dvdfab decrypter or makemkv now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's a good idea to change program for copying and ripping, but not for me now. I want to know what happend with films after these DVD Decrypter errors: "Retrying", "Retry Failed". What happened with films after that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Shmeliaka View Post
    It's a good idea to change program for copying and ripping, but not for me now. I want to know what happend with films after these DVD Decrypter errors: "Retrying", "Retry Failed". What happened with films after that?
    If you do not change your software, you will not copy any more DVDs. Nothing you know about newer copy protection on DVDs will change the fact that DVDDecrypter is not working for you and will not work for you on newer DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter can still copy about 99% of DVDs.

It's the other 1%, mostly big budget movies, than need something else like DVDFab.
    DVD Decrypter cannot understand the more modern forms of anit-copy on the disc. That's all.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Shmeliaka View Post
    It's a good idea to change program for copying and ripping, but not for me now. I want to know what happend with films after these DVD Decrypter errors: "Retrying", "Retry Failed". What happened with films after that?
    Retrying and Retry failed sound like read errors > Damaged discs to begin with or "bad sector protection"
    Need up to date software to re do it
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't need to do this now. But i want to know this thing: why dvd films consist of many parts? How can we watch films and discuss plot after that errors?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    why dvd films consist of many parts
    That is the spec / standard

How can we watch films and discuss plot after that errors?
    You always have the original
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you insist on repeating the same thing over and over
    The movie studios and producers have NEW PROTECTION
    If you want to copy the movie you must use new software
    Movie files are in multiple parts on the DVD , that is the DVD file system structure
    It has always been that way
    Ripping software finds those parts and makes one video file
    New copy protection makes that harder to do
    When decrypter will not work on new movies, the Only Thing you can do, is buy new software
    There is NO special tricks to help decrypter do the job
    Quote Quote  
  10. OK. I decide to tell you my story. Before that disks I watched films on TV, VHS cassets and cinema. I wasn't worry about technical problems. When I started to use dvd - appeared problems: some films copied without some scences. I understood that, because I watched that films before. But maybe films were not only without some scences, but also may be some little mistakes, which I didn't saw. Or it's impossible?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I believe the OP is saying that years ago he used DVD Decrypter and got errors. Now, years later, he is trying to play those files, and big surprise, he is getting errors while playing them.

He does not like, or does not understand, that the solution is to re-rip the original DVDs using modern software.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  12. No, I have even another computer now. But I remember that I and another user copied by that program. Can you tell me what happened with films after error? Maybe parts of films is not only one bad result. What else happened? I ask you, because program didn't showed me what exactly happend, only messages with error.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Who the hell would want to diagnose a problem on a program that hasn't been updated since 2005?

As others have said just get a newer program that works.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Deja Vu all over again.

Anyone else reminded of that character who 'played' various VH members for 20 pages of gibberish regarding "dvd burning errors" last year? The similarity in wording style is uncanny. What was his handle? Guernica? Something starting with G.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    Deja Vu all over again.

Anyone else reminded of that character who 'played' various VH members for 20 pages of gibberish regarding "dvd burning errors" last year? The similarity in wording style is uncanny. What was his handle? Guernica? Something starting with G.
    Now that you mention it -- yeah
    Let us see when the fungus kicks in
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    This has the potential to mushroom out of control.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Now that you mention it -- yeah
    THAT'S the one! Our old friend gamemaniaco, King of the Fungi.

At least three suspiciously familiar threads popped up last couple days: better keep the Lamisil handy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    All we need now is a Coody thread.
    Quote Quote