VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I know -- it's an old program . . . but I still often use it for ripping unprotected DVD contents. Even though there are a number of other ways to skin this cat. (ImgBurn, being a lineal descendant, can most likely handle this also, but I don't see that option present in IB's EZ Mode Picker -- only one for writing to an image (ISO). Anyway, I've got DVDD on a couple of Win 7 boxes, one that's 32-bit and one that's 64-bit. DVDD runs perfectly on the latter, but ends -- after the rip job has already successfully been done -- with about 6 errors that I can't place, right when I try to close the program. I'd have to hook that rig up again to quote them to you exactly, but one of them was "Failed to Set Data", or something like that. It's just a minor annoyance, but I don't know what's causing it (probably some settings that are awry), or what it is that differs between the installed DVDD on these two systems. Have you run into this ? Any ideas ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    An exact error quote would be good...and then try google it. Someone else might have posted it somewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are these the errors you're getting?

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  6.2 KB
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	35776

On exit, the program tries to update something on the hard drive (ini file perhaps) but because the program doesn't have administrator access, it can't write to the file so it produces those errors.
    Tick the box in the Compatibility Settings "Run this program as an administrator" and those errors will no longer occur.

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 1073
Size:  16.8 KB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ronmaz View Post

[Attachment 35775 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 35776 - Click to enlarge]

On exit, the program tries to update something on the hard drive (ini file perhaps) but because the program doesn't have administrator access, it can't write to the file so it produces those errors.
    Tick the box in the Compatibility Settings "Run this program as an administrator" and those errors will no longer occur.

[Attachment 35777 - Click to enlarge]
    Thanks. That does look familiar. My surmise is that you probably nailed it. I'll know for sure the next time I connect that computer. Thought I had set 'Admin' checkbox for just about every app, but there are so many installed, and I likely missed some.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ronmaz View Post
    Looks like a confirmation. There were 'Admin' checkboxes in two Properties locations. After checking both, the errors went away. Thanks.
    Quote Quote