VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the LG Blu-Ray Burner / Player MODISK BD Rewriter Model Model: LG BH14NS40 14X SATA Blu-ray BDXL Internal Rewriter with Software. It works great.

Except I just purchased DVDfab 9 Blu-Ray Copy, Blu Ray Passkey 8 and DVDfab Media Player 2. All have the newest updates. All have lifetime subscription.

Everything works fine......EXCEPT THIS........
    Strangely enough even with Blu-ray Passkey I cannot play a Region 2 / B on DVDfab Media Player 2 nor can I burn a Region 2 / B on DVDfab 9 Blu-Ray Copy with Blu Ray Passkey 8. (I am Region A/1 USA)
    Why?

Is it my LG Blu-Ray Burner / Player ? ?? ??

Is there a Blu-Ray Burner / Player I can purchase now that is Region Free?

andy jackson
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What is the error message? From dvdfab media player or windows?

You could disable dvdfab passkey and try the free trial of anydvdhd and see if it works at all to play with dvdfab media player. Or if you get same problem with it also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, it is very kind of you to answer this complex problem.

I just spoke with the LG tech. She said this .........

LG
    This Internal Burner purchased from us on February 5, 2014 Model LG BH14NS40 14X SATA Blu-ray BDXL Internal Rewriter with Software - Retail Box.

It is defeated to Regional Playback Control Phase II. It is Not Region Free. It is RPC-2. I definitely was engineered with a capability to be set up to be Region Free. There are Websites for this. We cannot tell you the addresses of these websites nor can we walk you thru how to do this. But this unit can be made Region Free.

I ask you. Do you know the name and model of a Blu-Ray Writer / Player that is Region Free?

Thank you.

andy
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    I get no error message from the DVDfab Media Player 2. I tried more than 10 times. It loads easily on the DVDfab Media Player 2 but doesn't play. Like something is preventing it from playing.

I will try anyDVDHD, as you so kindly recommend.

Baldrick, could it be a piece of software? Could it be my video card?

Thanx
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    I did as you said.

"You could disable dvdfab passkey and try the free trial of anydvdhd and see if it works at all to play with dvdfab media player. Or if you get same problem with it also."

I uninstalled dvdfab passkey and installed anydvdhd. No problem.
    Result: The Blu-Ray Region B / 2 loads easily. But it - still - does not play.
    Why?

What next, Baldrick?

andy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    passkey is a driver.

Did you run the program,then load the disk and wait for it to finish analysing the disk ?. (This has to be done over an internet connection. The player should then start automatically - PowerDVD does.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Passkey was completely uninstalled.

Yes, I loaded AnyDVD and waited for it to finish analyzing.

Still didn't play.

andy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know about that player but some players will not handle certain encryption since they have not acquired the licence.

You might like to try the trial version of PowerDVD. That is fully licenced.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you rip with AnyDVDHD?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You say: " Can you rip with AnyDVDHD? "

What does that word mean? "rip"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So how are you attempting to burn that Blu ray copy that you describe in your initial post ?

BTW 'Rip' = byte for byte copy of a disk's contents now stored on your HDD. With one significant difference. The 'ripped' copy should be region-free.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    You say: " Can you rip with AnyDVDHD? "

What does that word mean? "rip"
    Right click on the anydvdhd icon in the notificatio areana and choose rip to harddisk.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a quick look at the media player you purchased - as long as you have the PRO version. It claims to play 'any' Blu Ray but I would take that to mean that it normally only plays disks appropriate to the region of your drive in your case Region1/ZoneA.

Passkey makes no mention of supporting this player although I would have thought it would.

Even so, both Passkey and the player have to have a live internet connection when you load the disk to handle the encryption on Blu Rays.

With Passkey (I use this with PowerDVD) you have to go to settings to mark the Region of your drive. That setting effectively makes the drive Region Free
    Last edited by DB83; 17th Feb 2016 at 07:47. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote