VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a storage drive full of videos I use for teaching children. I plug this into several different tablets, laptops, etc and they all have different quality speakers but what makes matters worse is that the videos themselves have different levels. Personally I'd never mess with the balance of my own films, programs etc but with little kids all that matters is if they can HEAR. They couldn't care less about dynamic range. So if I have one video that sounds loud enough, how do I get the other 40 or so on this drive normalised to that one's levels so that they all play at the same volume without having to ride the volume rocker all the time?

Thank you!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try Volume Normalizer Master.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You may use ffmpeg but i assume you have no experience with this tool so i need to know what is your target - what kind of video and audio compression format is ok for you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    You may use ffmpeg but i assume you have no experience with this tool so i need to know what is your target - what kind of video and audio compression format is ok for you.
    What kind is ok for me? I don't understand the question. I can work with any video or audio codec if that's what you're asking.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by tpapictures View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    You may use ffmpeg but i assume you have no experience with this tool so i need to know what is your target - what kind of video and audio compression format is ok for you.
    What kind is ok for me? I don't understand the question. I can work with any video or audio codec if that's what you're asking.
    ffmpeg may copy or transcode audio and video codec - it is not a problem - so it is more question what container should be used as container may have own limitations. I dont know what are files you so my question was more like: what audio + video codec and which container you prefer.

Bellow is example for audio filter that allow automatically normalize and compress dynamic in audio - as such audio should be more convenient to use in school class.

Code:
    -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=60,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0,compand=0.1|0.1:0.60|0.60:-75/-999|-60/-30|-30/-20|-9.309/-6.0206|0/-3.103:6:-9.309:-90:0.6,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0"
    I can provide remain part of script but i need to know video/audio codec and container.
    Last edited by pandy; 17th Feb 2016 at 01:45.
    Quote Quote