VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I can't add subtitles to any mp4 using my mp4box. I've tried everything that I know to do. I've been trying for a few days now to add a .srt file to an mp4 with absolutely no luck. Every time I try in mp4box gui I add the video then the .srt name it then hit mux and all it says is processing then nothing. I've tried mkvtomp4 because I'm converting my mkv's to mp4 but mkvtomp4 screws up the subtitles and they wind up in a tiny font at the bottom of the video. I refuse to use handbreak because I'm not going to spend multiple weeks adding subtitles to mp4 files. I chose mp4box because it is quick but I'm having no luck adding subtitles. And before you ask I've already tried .ttxt and apparently mp4box doesn't recognize that file type. Can anyone help?

OK I got the .srt added to the mp4 finally but now it's the same as if I had used mkvtomp4. The subtitles are tiny and at the bottom of the video. It's as if they're being read improperly.
    Last edited by shore2shore; 16th Feb 2016 at 00:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You should click save as and then mux in MyMp4boxGui. But you solved it.

How do you test play the mp4 with subs? I tried it with a 740x480 video and srt and it looks okey in Potplayer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	potplayerwithsubs.png
Views:	2985
Size:	371.6 KB
ID:	35714

But nope. You can't change any font settings or positions when muxing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your response. Looks like I'll just have to do a batch conversion with wondershare or some other program so I don't have to redo every subtitle file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You should click save as and then mux in MyMp4boxGui. But you solved it.

How do you test play the mp4 with subs? I tried it with a 740x480 video and srt and it looks okey in Potplayer.
    [Attachment 35714 - Click to enlarge]

But nope. You can't change any font settings or positions when muxing.
    I've tested the subtitles before I muxed the two and everything was fine. But something happens during the muxing process that causes the subtitles to shrink and change position.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry to tag onto this old thread but I am having a similar problem.

I downloaded and installed My MP4Box GUI and demuxed subtitles out of an MP4.

The original MP4, with subtitles, I had run thru Topaz Video Enhancer but of course that removes the subtitles.

So in the My MP4Box GUI Mux screen, I added the Topaz MP4 file and the SRT file, pressed Save As, chose a folder and filename, and then pressed Mux.

And nothing. All MP4Box does in say it's importing the SRT file and then an ISO file, but then doesn't say that it's saving anything.

What am I doing wrong?
    84Lion
    Quote Quote