VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Hi, Mike!

I can't make titlebee open long videos, like movies.

But short videos, like videoclips from Youtube, I can make it work if the video is 10 minutes or similar like that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Timing.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	36023

Now I can say how I feel about timing using the program.

1) I miss the precision concerning about selecting any part of Soundwave from the video.

I can't select any part of the audio that I desire. The program limits the area. In some cases we need to find very small parts of the audio wave to mark the timing precisely.

2) The program can work using miliseconds precision, like srt timing pattern?

00:03:43,140 --> 00:03:45,475
    Really? I never get postcards.

3) The audio wave I can change the length as you told. But, not the height. Sometimes we need to change both length and height the wave audio bar to see more clearly where is the point to mark the beginning or the end of the speeches. And I can't zoom the size I desire too. I would need to be able to zoom more the wave audio bar, both length and height. More zoom capacity needed, in my opinion.

Can you make the wave audio bar a little bigger, too? See the image below as example. I think a bigger audio wave help a lot at visualizing
    the audio beginning and the ending of the speeches. Of course you will adapt the size of the audio wave bar to fit harmonically with titlebee frame / layout.

Name:	slide3_1.png
Views:	175
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	36056

4) I miss a near botton to click, like "Grab" or "Catch" timing from selection that I made using mouse ( right and left bottons )

Name:	timing 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	36024

5) The program do not break the lines from the subtitles. Normally we use 2 lines, using more or less 36 characters per each line.

It will be nice if the program could break and distribute all the letter on the screen automatically. User can define the number if they want.

See how long the subtitle become, without any distribution on the screen:

Name:	Test 3.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	36025

6) I would prefer to select the area to be marked of the audio wave bar and having a near botton to play the selection. Or put a function on mouse ( right / left bottons ) that immediately play the selected area to be marked. I do not like to use Space Bar to Play / Pause function. I would prefer to use mouse doing that. Or a close, very close, button with that function. Play, Pause, Play Selection, etc.

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 7th Mar 2016 at 11:18.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Feedback: make timeline option for the normal person also
    like in video editing, from left to right
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks devil, apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we were investigating the issue you're having with soundwaves not appearing for longer videos. We have not been able to replicate this issue yet but we're trying.

1) Precision timing - titlebee should snap to the precise lows and highs in the audio as you're moving the mouse, use the keyboard to fine tune, up and down buttons for start time, shift+up and shift+down for end time

2) Milliseconds - yes titlebee shows precise milliseconds timing on the status bar and exports in millisecond precision

3) Width of audio waveform margin - changing this will be in the next release

4) Buttons close to working area - we're thinking of a solution to this

5) Line breaks - theres a reason why titlebee doesnt do this, relating to the captioning file formats titlebee supports (scc and stl). Video players will do the line breaking automatically of course

6) Player controls near working area - we're thinking of a solution to this

Many thanks, Mike
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Roma, we've considered this but our tests showed that subtitlers were more productive working on a vertical timeline vs horizontal timeline.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We've released a new version of titlebee! v1.10 - here's whats new:

- Spell checking in all major languages
    - Ability to show safe zones
    - Ability to show character count

And many other enhancements. Please download it here: http://www.titlebee.com
    Quote Quote