VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using MPC-HC x86 1.7.10.86 With LAV filters and ffdshow, the main issue is when i watch a 10 bit anime, the whole computer, even trying to press Ctrl+ALT+DEL, no response, then i have to restart my computer by power button, when i play 8 bit videos, it doesn't freeze up, so why is this happening? to be sure i tried disabling some background applications such as browsers and hardware monitoring, like MSI afterburner and ASUS ai suite. My system specs: AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz overclocked @ 4.8 Ghz stable with water cooling, GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2GB ACX, 32GB RAM DDR3, and Windows 10 Pro X64. I tried disable overall overclocking, with no luck, still freezes up. so any ideas what's causing this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What happens with other players like Vlc Media Player(with built-in decoders)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't have VLC, besides, I don't like it, because it doesn't use ffdshow filter to able to convert fps using SVP, other things, this the first time iv'e never encountered this problem, what i mean is that this has never happened before with MPC-HC, and it's really starting to annoy me. Everytime when I get a 10 bit video, then try to watch it, computer freezes up in seconds. So no, i don't want to use VLC because it's just so simple, not saying it's bad video player, it's just not for me!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just try it and uninstall it after.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    What is the CPU and GPU load when watching these videos
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just Recently tried 10 bit videos on VLC, PC didn't froze up, so yeah, might be one of the filters, I have EVGA GTX 760 2GB ACX with AMD FX-8350 Overclocked @ 4.8Ghz Stable!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try running your cpu at stock and see if it freezes with mpc-hc,could be a combo issue filters and oc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've gotten into watching a few 4K videos, and they have crashed my computer just about every time I used LAV Filters. Obviously my 6 year old GPU can't handle them, so I've set LAV to not decode it and instead now my CPU does the decoding.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by kairukun View Post
    Overclocked @ 4.8Ghz Stable!
    Ahhhhhh, the plot thickens! I would seriously question just how stable it is if it freezes up.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Originally Posted by kairukun View Post
    Ahhhhhh, the plot thickens! I would seriously question just how stable it is if it freezes up.
    I already stress test it with Prime 95 for 6 hrs and nothing or anything malfunction, plus I have water cooling on my CPU! so it shouldn't be a problem, even though i recently tried the stock CPU clock, and still doing it so it's not the CPU, if it was the CPU, the whole computer would shut off for fail safe purposes, plus I added a 80 mm fan on the mosfets or VRM to stabilize CPU voltage flow, I tried not putting a fan on VRMs, the computer would just shut off, which is good, so it wont damage my motherboard's VRMs. So it's got to be a software related bug! as one of the user replied to me must be one of the LAV filters, which i need for the MKV without it, video won't play!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need lav filters if you are just watching videos with mpc-hc,i have never installed them,i just install CoreAVC for encoding purposes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    You don't need lav filters if you are just watching videos with mpc-hc,i have never installed them,i just install CoreAVC for encoding purposes.
    Sure but it helps to offload the decoding onto the GPU instead of the CPU. I can watch 1080p HEVC videos on my computer with minor CPU demand because the GPU is handling most of it. Watch the same HEVC 1080p video in VLC, and my computer struggles.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Did you read the whole post?

I tried disable overall overclocking, with no luck, still freezes up
    Quote Quote