VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This problem's been bugging me for a while so thought I'd try and resolve it. I updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.10 months ago, but I still have 1.7.9 on my system. None of my uninstallers can detect it. I have Geek, Revo, and ZSoft. Geek can only detect version 10. Neither Revo nor ZSoft can detect either. And the standard uninstaller in the control panel can only detect version 10. I tried to uninstall and reinstall version 10 a few minutes ago but when I played a video I was asked if I wanted to update to version 10 as the current player was version 9. I don't understand why I can't get rid of version 9. When I right click on a video and select open with, there are two versions of MPC-HC I can pick. The bottom one is apparently version 9. But if I right click on a video and select choose default program, only version 10 appears on that list. This is very confusing. Can anyone tell me why I have two versions on my system and how to get rid of the old one when none of my uninstallers can detect it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you searched for the mpc-hc.exe ? Do you find two folders?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you searched for the mpc-hc.exe ? Do you find two folders?
    lol Yep. Did a search using Everything. Found the version 9 folder, got rid of it, problem solved. Thanks.
    Quote Quote