VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been capturing from my Xbox One and have noticed when i have been capturing a particularly long file (2hrs +) that the audio seems to fall out of sync as the capture goes on. It will be all in sync for the first hour or so and then gradually go further and further out of sync.

Any ideas why this is happening??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried other capture software? Same problem?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
    I have been capturing from my Xbox One and have noticed when i have been capturing a particularly long file (2hrs +) that the audio seems to fall out of sync as the capture goes on. It will be all in sync for the first hour or so and then gradually go further and further out of sync.

Any ideas why this is happening??
    Loss of synchronization is usually an indication that some frames were dropped. It might be helpful to know the name of the capture device that you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The device im using is a, Magewell Pro Capture HDMI card.

I haven't tried any other capture software no.

AmaRecTV reports no loss of frames, in the status bar at the bottom of the capture window
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The device im using is a, Magewell Pro Capture HDMI card.

I haven't tried any other capture software no.

AmaRecTV reports no loss of frames, in the status bar at the bottom of the capture window
    The fact that this only happens after an hour of use might indicate overheating. Odd things happen when the electronics in capture devices overheat. Another possibility is that some frames were repeated.

As far as I know, you are the first to mention using a Magewell Pro Capture HDMI card
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any settings that i should enable or be set to in AmaRecTV that might help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Last edited by Brad; 11th Feb 2016 at 20:39.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, I wasn't aware of that, but if missing frames is the cause then why does it only start happen after approx 90 minutes?.

Do you have a recommendation for another capture software then, AmaRecTv is ideal for me as it allows me to capture my mic, encode on the fly with x264, capture in avi format (which AvsPMod seems to like) and has never crashed on me.

I should mention (not sure if this is important) that I set the frames to be captured to 30 in the record tab in AmaRecTV as the Xbox one game I'm capturing atm is locked to 30, so I saw no point setting it to 60 as I would just be making the capture file larger, also I have Null Frames enabled
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have a recommendation for another capture software then, AmaRecTv is ideal for me as it allows me to capture my mic, encode on the fly with x264, capture in avi format (which AvsPMod seems to like) and has never crashed on me.
    What other software have you tried and rejected? Is OBS one of them? I capture TV, not video games, so I have never tried OBS, but I keep reading good things about it.

Maybe you already know, since I see you are a member at doom9, but AVI + h.264 is not recommended, especially not by x264's main developer. MP4, MKV, and TS are all more compatible containers for h.264.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just had issues with MP4, when i would run the capture file through AvsPmod (avisynth) that it would take ages to index to the position of the file i wanted to look at. I have tried OBS in the past but have always used AmaRecTV
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, ok ive just captured a 3hr session and the audio sync seems to be fine!

Ive always had the format for my device set to '*w=1920, h=1080, fps=59.94, fcc=YUY2, bit=16' within AmaRecTV, and according to the status bar on AmaRec when im capture the framerate fluctuates between 59.88 and 60.00.

Before i had set the framerate to '30' in the recording tab within AmaRecTV (as the game i was captureing was locked at 30fps, so saw no point in setting it higher) but this time i changed the framerate to '999' in the recording tab within AmaRecTV. Could the framerate being set to 30 have cause this sync issue in the past?
    Last edited by BlockABoots; 13th Feb 2016 at 15:02.
    Quote Quote