VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am undertaking converting VHS to digital format and I am seeking recommendations for a good video + audio capture card for a PC. I have two machines available:
    One PC I have will accept PCI and PCI-e - has xp, and 4 MB (i forget the AMD processor-about 7 yo)
    The other PC I have will accept PCI-e, x1, x16, x32. - has win7, 32GB, i5- 3.3 Ghz
    I prefer to use the i5 machine. I'd like to get a PCI-e bus card so, if necessary, I can use with either machine.

I am OK with older/used cards as well a new ones. I know codecs play a large part in the quality as well. Basically am looking for recommendations from ppl who have had good success with a card.

Advice much appreciated...
    J
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by three_jeeps View Post
    Am undertaking converting VHS to digital format and I am seeking recommendations for a good video + audio capture card for a PC. I have two machines available:
    One PC I have will accept PCI and PCI-e - has xp, and 4 MB (i forget the AMD processor-about 7 yo)
    The other PC I have will accept PCI-e, x1, x16, x32. - has win7, 32GB, i5- 3.3 Ghz
    I prefer to use the i5 machine. I'd like to get a PCI-e bus card so, if necessary, I can use with either machine.

I am OK with older/used cards as well a new ones. I know codecs play a large part in the quality as well. Basically am looking for recommendations from ppl who have had good success with a card.

Advice much appreciated...
    J
    I could answer your question, but I think telling you how to use this forums resources to find the answer on your own might be more beneficial in the long run. Try using VideoHelp's forum search feature (in the top right corner of this webpage) to see if it turns up anything helpful. The results can be ordered by date. A few other people have made a similar request in recent months.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Feb 2016 at 14:08.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wouldn't it make sense to have a sticky in the capture section with the -current- recommended capture chain for analog tapes, it is a recurrent and legitimate question.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ackboo View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to have a sticky in the capture section with the -current- recommended capture chain for analog tapes, it is a recurrent and legitimate question.
    That thought occurred to me as I was casting around in this site for a few hours (before I posted my question). The closest thing I found is:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/3200-best-ati-wonder.html
    and it is not on this site.
    Quote Quote