VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking to stream my media files(dvds, photos from a NAS to my tv, without the use of a PC. I do have a PS3 which should be able to access the NAS, but is there a better device to playing local media files?

I have a few questions:
    1. I'm looking at QNAP and Synology for my nas, Can I use the NAS for both files storage (PC Images, file backups) as well as stream my media files?

2. what do I need inorder to play the files on my tv? Device/software

3. What format should my dvd files be in? ISO, Video/Audio folders(like when they are ripped?)

4. If I plan on streaming Blu-ray movies, what format should they be in? MKV, etc.

Thanks for any info you can provide?
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a QNAP TS-581 complete with a small remote It has a HDMI output that is connected to my Samsung TV. I have Kodi installed on it - I use an app on my iPad to control it rather than the QNAP remote. Under these conditions it plays pretty well all formats and no transcoding required.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I am using ArkMC application to connect the media devices at home, like a remote controller. Access the media servers, take a file you want and stream wirelessly on TV, speakers, game console, I have XBOX360 and that's it!
    Quote Quote