VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 1 minute long video of CSGO in 240 FPS. When I try to play the video in Vegas it's extremely choppy. If I try to render the video in 60 FPS, Vegas freezes before the rendering has finished.

I have rendered a lot of 1080p60 videos without any issues before, but this 240 FPS video seems to just ruin everything. I have tried to render with CPU only and CUDA. Same issue all the time.

Win 7
    i7 4770k @ 4.2 GHz
    GTX 970
    8 GB RAM
    Quote Quote  
  2. What format is the video recording? Use mediainfo (view=>text) if you don't know

You won't be able to playback 240FPS at 240FPS smoothly. Also, most displays run at 60Hz anyways, so you would only see 1/4 of the frames

Probably you can't capture 240FPS at 240FPS either, not at that resolution. You probably have frame drops - that could explain the choppiness as well. If you examine it frame by frame and see gaps in motion - that is what happened. Can you provide more info on the capture setup ?

WHen you rendered 1080p60, was it sampling every 4th frame for 60 at normal speed, or slow motion (every frame, but assumed at a lower frame rate)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What format is the video recording? Use mediainfo (view=>text) if you don't know

You won't be able to playback 240FPS at 240FPS smoothly. Also, most displays run at 60Hz anyways, so you would only see 1/4 of the frames

Probably you can't capture 240FPS at 240FPS either, not at that resolution. You probably have frame drops - that could explain the choppiness as well. If you examine it frame by frame and see gaps in motion - that is what happened. Can you provide more info on the capture setup ?

WHen you rendered 1080p60, was it sampling every 4th frame for 60 at normal speed, or slow motion (every frame, but assumed at a lower frame rate)?
    It's an AVI file. I'm capturing in 240 FPS in order to make smooth slow motion effects on some clips, but in this case I just want the whole clip to be rendered in a normal phase in 60 FPS. If I examinate the clip frame by frame there are no choppiness at all and all frames are in perfect order without any gaps whatsoever.

There is no slow motion at all, the clip is rendered in 60 FPS normal speed throughout the whole clip.

I fixed the rendering issue by disabling GPU acceleration. The rendered video is smooth but whenever I try to play the 240 FPS clip in Vegas its still extremely laggy.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Imsomed View Post
    I fixed the rendering issue by disabling GPU acceleration. The rendered video is smooth but whenever I try to play the 240 FPS clip in Vegas its still extremely laggy.
    Try rendering it to an i-frame only codec such as Grass Valley HQX or Pro Res or DNxHD.
    Last edited by smrpix; 7th Feb 2016 at 20:17.
    Quote Quote