so mostly edge sharpening and enhancing filters

here are some screenshots of the things i want to upscale
    http://imgur.com/a/S8XQi
    note it is taken with nedi3 32 Madvr on
    how do i apply nnedi 32 and save it ?
    can some one give me a small guide on how to do this

with simplified terms?
    i tried to write a script for avisynth but it came ****ed up lol
    where is a good place to look for this stuff?
    Last edited by zanzar; 5th Feb 2016 at 07:19.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know about MeGui but to use nnedi in AviSynth:

Code:
    nnedi3_rpow2(4, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1920, fheight=1080)
    But I like to upscale in steps with a little sharpening in between:

Code:
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1280, fheight=720)
    aWarpSharp(depth=1)
    sharpen(0.2)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1920, fheight=1080)
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    sharpen(0.2)

And you should get rid of the oversharpening halos before upscaling with dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0). You may need to adjust the settings for best results. And that will blur the video a bit so sharpen a bit afterward:

Code:
    dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0)
    Sharpen(0.2)
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    sharpen(0.2)
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    sharpen(0.2)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't know about MeGui but to use nnedi in AviSynth:

Code:
    nnedi3_rpow2(4, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1920, fheight=1080)
    But I like to upscale in steps with a little sharpening in between:

Code:
    aWarpSharp(depth=1)
    sharpen(0.2)
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    sharpen(0.2)

And you should get rid of the oversharpening halos before upscaling with dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0). You may need to adjust the settings for best results. And that will blur the video a bit so sharpen a bit afterward:

Code:
    dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0)
    Sharpen(0.2)
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    sharpen(0.2)
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    sharpen(0.2)
    thanks i think this is what i need can you help me with a few questions?
    1.how do i actually make use of the script? insert it into Megui and hit queue?
    did it with a small video sample it all came playing fast forwarded like 5 times and had black pixels at some points
    2.it asks me "the color space of your clip is not yv12 should click yes? (what does it mean) it adds a line to the script at the end "ConvertToYV12()"
    3.it looks like a i am missing alot of the plugins needed for this code if i go t dehalo alpha wiki page and download it (as a text file) and put it in the plugins folder it still doesnt work can you list me the plugins i need for this proces?
    4.do you rreccomend your first code or the one with dehalo alpha in it ? thee importet thing to me is sharpness the colors of those anime are low budget so at least make it sharp
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    did it with a small video sample it all came playing fast forwarded like 5 times and had black pixels at some points
    I don't use MeGUI so I can't guide you there.

Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    2.it asks me "the color space of your clip is not yv12 should click yes? (what does it mean) it adds a line to the script at the end "ConvertToYV12()"
    Many filters in AviSynth require YV12. So, yes, you should probably let it convert to YV12. In the end most high compression codecs work in YV12 too.

3.it looks like a i am missing alot of the plugins needed for this code if i go t dehalo alpha wiki page and download it (as a text file) and put it in the plugins folder it still doesnt work can you list me the plugins i need for this proces?
    It requires MaskTools2 and Repair (or RgTools). You will have to download and install those for MeGUI.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DeHalo_alpha

4.do you rreccomend your first code or the one with dehalo alpha in it ? thee importet thing to me is sharpness the colors of those anime are low budget so at least make it sharp
    I recommend you try both and see which you like better.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    You can index the source file and then MeGUI should open it with the script creator. When it does, switch to the script tab and paste the stuff jagabo posted below what's already there. If MeGUI is already cropping and/or resizing you might have to replace what's there and modify the script accordingly.

If you use the OneClick encoder you can create a script template using the stuff jagabo posted and save the script as part of a OneClick preset. Once again, be careful where you add the additional processing to the script template if MeGUI is allowed to crop and resize.

If you don't have Avisynth installed it's probably a good idea to install it. MeGUI can still use the portable version. Put any required plugins in the Avisynth plugins folder (it's C:\Program Files\AviSynth\plugins for XP), not the MeGUI plugins folder. Plugins in the Avisynth plugins folder will auto-load. If you put them in the MeGUI plugins folder you'll have to load them in each script manually (as MeGUI does).
    Scripts such as DeHalo alpha will auto-load if they have an AVSI extension (not AVS) and they're also in the Avisynth plugins folder.

Some plugins require a particular flavour of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. If so, it'll be mentioned on the plugin's page. If they're not installed, the plugins won't work. DeHalo alpha requires rgtools and masktools2. Did you put them in the plugins folder?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    You can index the source file and then MeGUI should open it with the script creator. When it does, switch to the script tab and paste the stuff jagabo posted below what's already there. If MeGUI is already cropping and/or resizing you might have to replace what's there and modify the script accordingly.

If you use the OneClick encoder you can create a script template using the stuff jagabo posted and save the script as part of a OneClick preset. Once again, be careful where you add the additional processing to the script template if MeGUI is allowed to crop and resize.

If you don't have Avisynth installed it's probably a good idea to install it. MeGUI can still use the portable version. Put any required plugins in the Avisynth plugins folder (it's C:\Program Files\AviSynth\plugins for XP), not the MeGUI plugins folder. Plugins in the Avisynth plugins folder will auto-load. If you put them in the MeGUI plugins folder you'll have to load them in each script manually (as MeGUI does).
    Scripts such as DeHalo alpha will auto-load if they have an AVSI extension (not AVS) and they're also in the Avisynth plugins folder.

Some plugins require a particular flavour of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. If so, it'll be mentioned on the plugin's page. If they're not installed, the plugins won't work. DeHalo alpha requires rgtools and masktools2. Did you put them in the plugins folder?
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't use MeGUI so I can't guide you there.

Many filters in AviSynth require YV12. So, yes, you should probably let it convert to YV12. In the end most high compression codecs work in YV12 too.

It requires MaskTools2 and Repair (or RgTools). You will have to download and install those for MeGUI.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DeHalo_alpha

I recommend you try both and see which you like better.
    well i think i am getting the idea i take a small video sample of the video i want to render and play with the settings till i get something

are the any filters there that makes the black edges more "firm" ? like some one took a pen and went over them ?

i have another quastion

it looks like it take about 2 seconds from the start of the video and just cuts it
    if the video is 11 sec long it will start at 2 seconds and at the end will just stuck at the last frame of replay it any idea why?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    are the any filters there that makes the black edges more "firm" ? like some one took a pen and went over them ?
    FastLineDarken(), FastLineDarkenMod(), Sharpen(), etc.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters#Line_Darkening
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by zanzar View Post
    it looks like it take about 2 seconds from the start of the video and just cuts it
    if the video is 11 sec long it will start at 2 seconds and at the end will just stuck at the last frame of replay it any idea why?
    No, of course not. When asking questions such as that, always provide the full script. In addition, always test your edited scripts in VDub before encoding with them. If something's wrong it'll give you an error message which should (but not always) let you know where the error is.
    Quote Quote