VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I need to remove a person from screen but I can't use a green suit. Would it be possible to dye a person (possible naked) in chroma key colour and have even lighting on all sides? Would that actually allow me to remove the person from camera?

ty
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Slasher_101 View Post
    Hello, I need to remove a person from screen but I can't use a green suit. Would it be possible to dye a person (possible naked) in chroma key colour and have even lighting on all sides? Would that actually allow me to remove the person from camera?

ty
    If you key them out, you're left with a "hole" . You need to shoot a clean plate or have a background shot to fill

What is the background context? Why don't you tell them to move out of the way ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I would be fine with that. I need two people on camera and only record one of them, I can work around the "hole" problem. Do you think it would be possible to dye a persons skin and hair to remove them from the shot? I have thought about the eyes being a problem... maybe if they wore green sclera lenses it could work? I know this must sound very stange but I need the whole person to be green-screened out without wearing a green suit.

And editing out the eyes in post-process wouldn't be an option, this would be live capture so no time for that
    Quote Quote  
  4. It will sort of work, but it will be a terrible low quality key. Maybe that's acceptable for your purposes - I guess it depends what you need it for, and the background context . Why are you doing this ? The only way a live key even gives mediocre results is with perfect monotone color - perfect studio lighting, perfectly controlled conditions on a perfect screen. That's simply not possible on a person with paint or a bodysuit. There are too many shadows, grooves, textures, uneven surfaces. It's worse when the subject is moving, because of light interactions, reflections.

Live keying hardware is capable of overlays and mattes, so you can "blockout" shapes (and I guess "people") , but it depends on your shot composition and context. They are usually limited to static studio shots. Is this in a studio, or lots of camera movement in the field, subjects moving, etc... Not enough information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Equally, you could do a split-screen (static wipe) with a clean plate still. Similar challenges.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Equally, you could do a split-screen (static wipe) with a clean plate still. Similar challenges.

Scott
    I have no idea what that means, could you elaborate?
    Quote Quote  
  7. A clean plate is the same shot, the same camera move shot without the person or object(s) to remove. It's shot prior to your intended shoot under the same conditions, same lighting, etc... without the foreground actors or objects that aren't supposed to be in the scene (maybe lights, camera, cables and rigs, harnesses etc...). Ie. it's just a background shot.

It's overlaid on top to remove the person or objects, usually with more accurate rotoscoped masks usually in post production with VFX software. A wipe would be more simple like the the left half or right half - just a rough shape. You essentially "cover up" the person or object that you want to remove with the background "clean plate", and this can be done with live software or hardware if you limit yourself to rough shapes . It has to be a locked off static shot in a studio , or a very simple camera move - otherwise you need expensive camera rigs that mimic the exact same camera move (you can't do this in the field with "normal" equipment), because there is no live tracking software or hardware that is accurate enough to match the clean plate move with more complex camera moves
    Quote Quote