VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Good evening, VideoHelpers!

I am having this error "Invalid SRT format. "06B20BF0" is invalid timing info", when I mux with tsMuxeR a MKV file into an m2ts video and it is related to an .srt subtitle. It's strange because when I muxed it with MKVMerge did not give me any error message!

Since I need it in this format for a multiAVCHD BD authoring, I cannot proceed. I double-checked the subtitles and they look correct in any aspect. Do you know if this could be fixed and how?

Thank you in advance!

Jiji
    Windows 7 64b, Intel Core 2Quad Q9300 (2.50 GHz), 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 4650
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure it's a normal srt file? You should able to view it in any text editor.

Or open the subtitle in Subtitle Edit and export as a new .srt and then try with tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,
    Thanks for you quick reply!
    Yes, it is a normal srt file and I edited it personally using MS Wordpad.
    However, I'll follow your advice and see what happens.
    I'll let you know!
    Windows 7 64b, Intel Core 2Quad Q9300 (2.50 GHz), 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 4650
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello again!

So, Baldrick (and everyone else interested), I followed your indication, creating a new .srt subtitle in Subtitle Edit and muxed it successfully with tsMuxeR.
    When I played back the video with VLC Player, though, after about 5 minutes the subtitles disappeared, while other subs, previously inserted (and edited with WordPad again) remained displayed until the end.
    At this point, I presume there must me a "malign code", or character, or symbol, inside the disappearing subs...?
    Any other ideas, please?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    As a last resort, you might convert the text-based subtitles to Blu-Ray PGS, and only then use TSmuxer.

Also: why do you use Wordpad
    Viewing and editing subtitle files is best done with a plain-text editor, such as Notepad++, EditPlus, TextPad, etc.

Last but not least: maybe the actual problem is in VLC, which still sucks at many things, after all these years
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much, El Heggunte!
    I'll follow your precious tips and try tonight... And let you know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It worked beautifully!
    Thanks very much indeed and have a great day you all!
    Quote Quote