VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This mini camcorder that I have used many times for some reason produced hkv files instead of the usual file type that I am used to opening easily in quick time player on my mac laptop. I googled it and it said hkv was related to ip cameras but for the life of me I cannot find a converter that will help me to open it. One converter told me that it was "binary" file. I think I may have accidentally used a sim card that was formatted for a different device. One file opener said it only had computer language on the file. It was one continuous video but it produced several of these hkv files and I am hoping to retrieve anything off it that I can... even if it is just audio. Does anybody have any ideas? I somehow got one online converter to convert it into wmv but that won't play on my mac. I attached one of the hkv files and the one I managed to convert into a wmv file in case that would help to troubleshoot. Thank you for any help you provide me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't find this in the Safari file extension store at Apple and I believe I tried this link a week ago and I'm not sure if I did something wrong in the download but it just seemed to have me on a merry-go-round like I downloaded something but I could never make it happen somehow I don't know what I did wrong but I'll give it a try now But I was wondering if you tried this on Macintosh or if you tried opening one of the HKv files that I put up
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually instead of downloading it again I want to head and found it in my finder and I'm going ahead and doing the typical install sod appears to be working maybe I'm doing something better this time than I did when I came upon this a week ago but I'll let you know if you minutes if it worked
    Quote Quote