VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the file LAVFilters-0.67-x64.zip, which is supposed to be the latest beta. I also downloaded the latest zip version of the MediaPlayerHC beta, which came out a couple of days earlier and which contains its own LAV filters.

Looking at the dates of the files in both, all files in the LAVfilters beta are dated 2015, whereas those in the MPHC LAVfilters folders are from 2016.

Can someone explain this, please?

Thanks.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You downloaded an outdated archive, right?

Code:
    LAVFilters-0.67.0-66.exe 27-Jan-2016 02:57  9.5M
    source: http://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    You downloaded an outdated archive, right?

Code:
    LAVFilters-0.67.0-66.exe 27-Jan-2016 02:57  9.5M
    source: http://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/
    If so, I don't understand why. I just (3 minutes ago) went to the website and downloaded this link.

This is the file I got: LAVFilters-0.67-x64.zip

As you can see, it's version 0.67.

I'm confused.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, now I see. I guess I have to read a bit more carefully.

I also learned how the exe works and how to put newer versions into MediaPlayerHC.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jgg; 27th Jan 2016 at 05:46. Reason: Additional info.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    0.67.0-66 and 0.67.0 is not same. .

And I have no portable versions of latest beta.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It might be good to mention somewhere that the beta downloads include both 32 and 64-bit versions of the filters.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    And speaking of updates...

Originally Posted by nevcairiel
    As of 0.67.0-67, LAV Video supports a new software deinterlacer, Weston Three Field Deinterlacing Filter (w3fdif)

w3fdif was developed by the BBC, and as I understand it, is also used by them in real-world usage.

w3fdif comes in two variants: Simple and Complex.
    The difference is of course the potential quality, but also the speed.

I will let you guys judge its quality in comparison to YADIF (or even hardware deinterlacing), but there is one thing to be said about it: Its fast.

On 32-bit, Simple is significantly faster than YADIF, but due to lack of 32-bit optimizations, Complex is slower.
    On 64-bit, both Simple and Complex are faster than YADIF.

Hopefully the SSE2 optimizations for Complex can be made compatible with 32-bit in the future.

A new build is available here now:
    https://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/

Note that w3fdif does not have an option to control the number of output frames, it will always produce one frame per input field, ie. its always a double rate deinterlacer (the only proper way to deinterlace, anyway!)

PS:
    The Software Deinterlacing options section looks a bit crammed, but never mind that, I have some plans to re-do some areas of that entire config screen.
    Quote Quote