VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the following loaders successfully installed on my system: AVISource and FFMS2. I have read here that L-SMASH is sometimes a preferred loader when dealing with MP4 or MOV. So I thought I would give it a try. The problem is I have no idea how to install it. I downloaded the 32-bit version and copied the dlls in the Avisynth folder to my Plugins folder for Avisynth. But when trying to load a video, I get a no function found error for the LSMASHVideoSource line.

There are no instructions included in the download from what I can see. Usually it is as simple as copying the dlls and .avsi script to the plug-in folder (e.g. FFMS). But I can't find a .avsi file in the download.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. All you need to do is put LSMASHSource.dll in AviSynth's plugins folder. Since you've already done that something else is the issue. What is the error you're getting? Have you tried LWLibavVideoSource() as well as LSMASHVideoSource()?
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. What version of Windows are you using? Windows XP might not be supported anymore.
    2. Some versions might neet Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (usually version 2013 or 2015), download and install them if you have not done so already
    3. Try different binaries, esp. the static ones:
    On XP: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3i81ttxf028m1eh/AAAnH7s_w8mmODK330my4giWa/Old/L-SMASH-Works...-32bit.7z?dl=0
    On newer Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3i81ttxf028m1eh/AACivvyums8UXhwEjevYEjmla/LSMASHSource-AviS...-32bit.7z?dl=0
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the replies.

1. I am using W7 x64 and have Avisynth 2.6.0 (32-bit) installed.
    2. I checked, and I do have the LSMASHSource.dll copied into my Avisynth Plugins folder.
    3. I don't have any Visual C++ libraries older than 2012 installed. I will give that a shot.

Here is the Avisynth script I am using:
    Code:
    Path = "E:\"
    V = "video.m2ts"
    A = "audio.wav"

#vid = FFVideoSource( V, fpsnum = 30000, fpsden = 1001 )
    vid = LSMASHVideoSource( V )
    aud = WAVSource(A)
    AudioDub(vid,aud)
    Info
    And here is the Error am getting when I try to open the avs script in vdub. It obviously does not recognize LSMASHVideoSource (line 6).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	965
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	35333
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try explicitly loading the dll in your script:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\LSMASHSource.dll")
    Modify the path if necessary. Do you get a different error message?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks jagabo. I think we are getting somewhere. The error is now this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error2.png
Views:	828
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	35335
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did you follow points 2 and 3 of my post?
    Quote Quote  
  8. sneaker, thanks, after installing Visual C++ 2013 (x86) it finally worked. An HTML link to that download was sitting in the L-SMASH download, but I didn't realize that was what it was telling me to do.

Anyway, after some more fiddling, I was finally able to load an MP4 that I authored using x264 cli. So I know that it at least works for that. Here is a summary of what I can or can't load:

1. .mp4 - success
    2. .mov (ProRes HQ): Loads , but colors all messed up
    3. .m2ts/mts: Error: Failed to read input file.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  9. 2. That's because your ProRes file is probably 10 bit and AviSynth only supports 8 bit natively.
    You can either:
    a.) Dither down to an 8 bit format using the "format" parameter.
    b.) use stacked or interleaved high bitdepth output. Choose a 16 bit YUV format then and set "stacked=true" if you want stacked.
    In the included README you will find all available formats.

3. Use LWLibAVVideoSource() for everything except mp4/mov(/3gp?). It will create an index like ffms2, though.
    Quote Quote  
  10. OK, finally got it after switching to the LWLibavVideoSource() function for mts and m2ts.

Yes, my ProRes content is 10-bit, so I will fiddle a little more.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I fiddled around with trying to dither down to 8 bit, but I am hopelessly confused. Do you have a sample Avisynth script you could post?

OTOH, I tried QTInput and it worked fine.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Dithering down to 4:2:2 8 bit YUV:
    lsmashvideosource("input.mov", format="YUV422P8")

Dithering down to 4:2:0 8 bit YUV:
    lsmashvideosource("input.mov", format="YUV420P8")
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks so much for all the help! I now have everything worked out for loading MP4, MOV (including 10-bit), and MTS/M2TS.
    Quote Quote  
  14. So, does LSMASHVideoSource even support m2ts?! Keeps throwing a "[importer: Error]: failed to find the matched importer." error.
    Quote Quote  
  15. LSMASHVideoSource() is for ISO Base Media family (mp4, mov...) only, LWLibavVideoSource() supports more containers.
    Quote Quote