VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm searching for a video streaming server that is capable of inserting my ad (that is, VOD) into HLS/RTMP stream. What is important - it should be a pre-roll video (in order not to violate copyright) for a client. I've searched across the web, asked in several companies, but noone seems to have a solution.

Could anyone please point me to some software that could be capable of such a feature?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe i am not understood quite good but you want to play some advertisements before some videos if i correctly understand?
    That’s first – second questions is – Do you really need server or?
    For instance i know at least few streaming applications which can make playlist of videos for instance OBS or even Xsplt – You can make list where ads like videos is shown first on a list than put your other videos and that’s all!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a streaming video in HLS format from some source - there is not a list of videos. What I need is to inject my custom advertisement video into HLS stream. I do really need some kind of application on a server, because users can connect and watch stream in different ways: STB, SmartTV, web-site, youtube, VLC etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1. You must start with streaming - OBS is good start
    2. You can catch and restream with advertisements included (branding also)
    3. You than stream to multicast server (Ustream, YouTube - whatever)

PS – I am editor in public media with small IPTV station and i know what i am speaking

If you want to make some custom multicast server than look at Linux OS and you will find some good one –
    Quote Quote