VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So has anybody else had the issue with Daum Potplayer keeping the aspect ratio despite setting it up to stretch? I want to get rid of the black borders around my video, I DGAF about quality reduction, true fullscreen is more important to me. Please help it's a good player with almost every feature I could want (almost) and the old version (1.5.32007) I was using is too outdated and just shows a green screen when I use it (though I would prefer the old version, it just gives me a green screen when trying to play certain videos unfortunately) If you guys know whats wrong with old one, that would be way better, it's my music player too, and those crumbbumbs removed the shuffle and random play buttons. As if, I used those all the time. Anyway, this video here green screens if you guys need an example. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47041069/Hellsing%20-%20Psalm%20of%20the%20Darkness.mkv Also, if your a Hellsing fan, this is a special modified version of a hard to find Hellsing trailer that predates the series by quite a bit, and thus is packed with original content that never made it into the series. It's a cool one, top quality, and this version was never re-encoded, though I did increase the fps with Mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If I press 9 (Pan&Scan->Frame size+) it zooms the video and keeps the aspect ratio?

And I'm moving you to our Software playing section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If it keeps the aspect ratio while zoomed in, some video would get cut off. I just want the video player in the newer version to be able to stretch and shrink the video at the proper axis, like the old version could. I am using the newest version, by the way. I suppose I could do it manually, like you say, for every single video I play, but that would obviously be a huge drag, so screw that. The old version could do that automatically, and supposedly the new one has stretch options too, except, it's not working for me.
    Last edited by imkira3; 20th Jan 2016 at 06:10.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also ask in https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/ and see if it's a bug or something else you have to change.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by imkira3 View Post
    So has anybody else had the issue with Daum Potplayer keeping the aspect ratio despite setting it up to stretch? I want to get rid of the black borders around my video, I DGAF about quality reduction, true fullscreen is more important to me...
    The problem is your video sample is composed of mixed frame size and mixed aspect ratio media. *

e.g. The overall frame is 16:9 @ 1280x720, inside that is a 4:3 frame (logo + intro @ ~960x720), then the smaller main video is 16:9 (~960x550) encased inside the 4:3 frame, and finally there's text overlaid outside the main video 16:9 frame (~960x570). It's a real mess of inconsistencies, hence there is no easy "one size fits all" playback fix. I could suggest editing it in a video editing package and framing/cropping properly to one consistent ratio (e.g. ~964x552 close cropped or ~1016x584 to include text and small border at correct aspect).

In the meantime as Baldrick suggested, just use the [9] + [1] keypad keys (numlock on) to manually zoom in/out a bit. BTW, I'm using an old version of PotPlayer (1.5.36205) that plays fine without any "green screen" colours. Good luck.
    Last edited by katipo; 20th Jan 2016 at 14:04.
    Quote Quote