VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to compile a time lapse video and keep it short as possible with out losing frames.
    I used timelapsetool to create a video from all my stills, it has a 60 fps option but it removes every other frame and the video is really 30 fps
    so my next idea \ hope is to keep timelapsetools output to 30 fps and then convert that video to a true 60 fps video and half my playback time.

any suggestion ?
    maybe another time lapse program or a true 30 to 60 fps video converter as i want the video to play faster

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With avisynth

assumefps(60)

If your video is 29.97fps and want to double that you may consider

assumefps("ntsc_double")

^which will give you 59.94fps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Many containers let you set whatever frame rate you want.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for the heads up, this seems a bit complex as its script based. is there a prefered front end gui interface that can be used and if so will this be a basic option or will a custom script be needed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by acem77 View Post
    thanks for the heads up, this seems a bit complex as its script based. is there a prefered front end gui interface that can be used and if so will this be a basic option or will a custom script be needed?
    Try here: http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

I use for 4 years, almost perfect.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. Cauptain, that whole page to which you linked is about interpolating new frames to get to 60fps while, at the same time, keeping the length the same. acem77 wants to keep the same framecount but double the speed (cut the length in half).

If you were suggesting an 'easy' way to implement KarMa's suggestion of AssumeFPS(60), I think you should have been more clear about it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. For AVI use AviFrate. For MKV use MkvToolnix. For MP4 use Mp4Muxer or Mp4BoxGUI. All of those will work at the container level without reencoding.
    Last edited by jagabo; 19th Jan 2016 at 06:44.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do this in Virtualdub. Under Video > Frame Rate > Source rate adjustment (change to slow down or speed up) > Frame rate conversion > Process all frames > Convert to fps (set to desired frame rate) > OK.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    You can do this in Virtualdub. Under Video > Frame Rate > Source rate adjustment (change to slow down or speed up) > Frame rate conversion > Process all frames > Convert to fps (set to desired frame rate) > OK.
    And if you set Video -> Direct Stream Copy there will be no reencoding, just a remux. AviFrate is faster though, as it writes directly to the file's header.

Keep in mind that all the header patch, remux options will lead to the audio getting out of sync since the audio isn't sped up along with the video.
    Last edited by jagabo; 19th Jan 2016 at 07:32.
    Quote Quote  
  10. thanks for the updates, audio sync in not an issues as i want that to stay the original speed and it will be back ground music.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have .mp4 files and tried Mp4Muxer, Mp4BoxGUI and AviFrate.
    Mp4Muxer does not seem to be for my mp4. Both do not let me select over 30pfs? am i using these correctly?
    AVifrate does not support mp4s.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by acem77 View Post
    Mp4Muxer does not seem to be for my mp4. Both do not let me select over 30pfs?
    Just type it in rather than using the pulldown.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I had no luck with any gui stuff listed here but i did this with success. now i have to see the if there is a easier way to encode audio\music with minimal head aches.

http://blog.philippklaus.de/2014/07/changing-the-framerate-fps-of-an-x264-mp4-movie-fi...t-re-encoding/
    change the 30 to 60..
    step 1
    MP4Box -add source.mp4#video -raw 1 -new test
    step 2
    MP4Box -add test_track1.cmp:fps=60 -new dest.mp4
    Quote Quote