VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used Aegisub for timecoding. When i change the font to "arial" to "avenir" there is no problem, but when i export it changes to "arial" again.
    Then when i embed the subtitle i have an arial fonted subtitle in the hardcoded mp4.
    I want to use "avenir" font on the hardcoded subtitle. Is it possible?
    Thanks for your interest already!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you exporting to ass subtitle? Other formats may not support any font settings.

How do you hardcode the subtitle?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use Submerge. And no, i export it as srt. file. If Submerge is supporting ass. i will try it now...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could also check in submerge if you can change any subtitle font settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No there is limited option on submerge... Nothing about font changing unfortunately...
    Quote Quote  
  6. VLC recognizes "Avenir" font while running the movie (not embedded one) but still Submerge uses a default arial font...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Nothing solved yet... Still need help.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try VLC Media Player then, open the video with the subtitle, under File->Convert/Stream choose a profile(like h264 video/mp4), click Customize, under Subtitle see if you can choose the subtitle track and choose Overlay subtitles on the video. Apply. And last save as file
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or else give up.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Use method from PS3 (but also from DVD\BD\DVB etc) - render subtitles as group of pictures then you can use any font you like - this is renderer independent method.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/play-avi-files-subtitles-playstation-3/
    Quote Quote  
  11. Export as ASS from Aegisub, mux your movie + the ASS file (+ maybe the font as attachment) using mkvmerge. Then load the mkv file in HandBrake, set the subtitle track to "burn in" and encode to mp4 however you like.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. Don't give up. You have several options now. .
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank you folks! problem solved by submerge. There is an "edit option" which i can edit the font at the last step. I just found out...
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote