VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I click on the Ripper tab, it's defaulted to "rip" to MP4, which is not only ripping but converting to a certain video format. I don't want it to convert, just rip, as close to bit-for-bit as I can get, so I get the full DVD that I can use with DVDShrink (I own the DVD by the way). DVDShrink is unable to rip this disc for some reason, same with DVD Decrypt.

I click on Advanced, and see things like VOB, TS, and a bunch of formats I know are not just ripping, but converting. I just want either an ISO or the folders that I can manipulate as I wish. I usually use DVDShrink to rip just the movie (not all the menus and extras) and English audio/subtitles to .iso without extraneous data I don't need.

I thought "Ripper" meant just that, not also "convert to a whatever video format like Handbrake already does".
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Open DVDFab(decrypter)
    HD(Hard Drive) Decrypter
    DVD Copy
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVDFab is open (your "decrypter" link just downloads DVDFab), there's nothing about decrypting in the program.

I'm in the Ripper tab, I chose the source (drive D:\), I click the format (currently TS) on the left side, and there's Personal tab (favorites), Device (a bunch of manufacturers), and Format (MKV, MKV Passthrough, MP4.4K, MP4.H265, MP4, TS, VOB, and WMV). There's nothing about just ripping the DVD to .iso or files/folders.

If I click the Copy tab at the top, I get the Main Movie or Full Disc options, and only now after clicking everything do I notice in the bottom bar (which just looked like a status bar and blended into the window behind it) that the destination folder is there. Things are not as obvious in this interface, elements are not well-separated or stand out as in previous versions; things are very blocky and too simple-colored. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK I tried to rip it, but it finished after a few seconds and only ripped like 100MB. This is the Avengers DVD, which I bought last year. I don't know why I've had so much trouble with this.

I like to rip my DVDs so I don't have to keep opening them and possibly damage them, I prefer to have them on my TV PC.

How do I rip this DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think there is a confusion of terms here
    Do you want to clone the disc to your hard drive
    Then use the copy command
    If you use the ripper it converts the disc vob's to one mp4 file for the whole complete movie
    DVD files are stored as vobs on the DVD disc
    You can Not get one movie as one file with out converting when using dfab
    Quote Quote  
  6. I want to clone the disc; there is no option for clone, I've rarely seen that option in CD/DVD rippers, the only closest one I could find at the time was rip, and there was no option to rip it without converting it. As I stated before, I am merely trying to rip the DVD to use with DVDShrink as I'm unable to rip it with DVDShrink, which doesn't convert, it just rips it.

I've already stated that I found how to fully rip the DVD without converting it. I'm sorry I didn't use the proper word "clone" for "just rip but don't convert" like DVDShrink does (which doesn't mention "clone" either).

Again, it was not clear that Copy was what I needed, because as I stated it was not obvious as the interface had changed and the sections blended into background programs because they are over-simplified and flat and use simple colors (no gradients or shading or shadows). I would not be here if those elements had been more visible as the old DVDFab 8 had.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	35246
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	35247
    Simple.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Or click the SCREENSHOT link under HD Decrypter here:
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-decrypter.htm
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD decrypted runs in the background
    After starting decryptet, use DVD shrink
    And choose main movie
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davebit View Post
    OK I tried to rip it, but it finished after a few seconds and only ripped like 100MB. This is the Avengers DVD, which I bought last year. I don't know why I've had so much trouble with this.

I like to rip my DVDs so I don't have to keep opening them and possibly damage them, I prefer to have them on my TV PC.

How do I rip this DVD?
    are you using the free HD Decrypter version or the paid version ??
    the free version has limited decryption abilities than the paid version does.
    especially on new release movies.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you used older versions, then you should know that copy means copy the disc

Originally Posted by davebit View Post
    I want to clone the disc; there is no option for clone, I've rarely seen that option in CD/DVD rippers, the only closest one I could find at the time was rip, and there was no option to rip it without converting it. As I stated before, I am merely trying to rip the DVD to use with DVDShrink as I'm unable to rip it with DVDShrink, which doesn't convert, it just rips it.

I've already stated that I found how to fully rip the DVD without converting it. I'm sorry I didn't use the proper word "clone" for "just rip but don't convert" like DVDShrink does (which doesn't mention "clone" either).

Again, it was not clear that Copy was what I needed, because as I stated it was not obvious as the interface had changed and the sections blended into background programs because they are over-simplified and flat and use simple colors (no gradients or shading or shadows). I would not be here if those elements had been more visible as the old DVDFab 8 had.
    Quote Quote